PO: Metallica (6 Albums, Walmart Exclusive Variants)

On 12/8/2020 at 10:34 AM, rundmcc said:

They keep coming and going. I updated all the links to directly to the specific album instead of the search.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:58 AM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

How are the remastered vs originals if you don't mind? I have originals of all these except s/t.

Unfortunately there’s no way for me to compare since I only have the remasters. But they’ve all sounded really good to me. Someone else would probably be better to answer this though.

2 hours ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

Unfortunately there’s no way for me to compare since I only have the remasters. But they’ve all sounded really good to me. Someone else would probably be better to answer this though.

All good, dude. I ended up springing for these anyway, so I'll be able to answer my own question when the arrive. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Don't give a f about colour, etc, just would like to get decent copies of the first 4 Metallica records for < $15 each (new or used) shipped to the UK. Walmart can f right off in my books, though I was deeply conflicted on this one as an easy grab.

I guess this places me as a mild fan, but one that recognises their influence. Easy to get a DRI record for $10, but Metallica records second hand are somehow insanely expensive.

8 hours ago, phabletzza said:

I guess this places me as a mild fan, but one that recognises their influence. Easy to get a DRI record for $10, but Metallica records second hand are somehow insanely expensive.

DRI still play 200 cap rooms in the US ≠ Metallica being one of the biggest and most recognizable bands of the last 40 years. That’s how that equation works.

Edited by MyEnemy

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

DRI still play 200 cap rooms in the US ≠ Metallica being one of the biggest and most recognizable bands of the last 40 years. That’s how that equation works.

This. I didn't want to be that guy and say pretty much this exact thing...but yeah. This exact thing.

2 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Right, which is why they have pressed boatloads of these records over the years, but still they're somehow still insanely expensive? 

3 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Hey fellow Whigs fan, please don't address me as though I'm a moron - obvs I know they're not equivalent, but if you look at the price of Michael Jackson or Fleetwood Mac records it does seem weird that the price vs. popularity of Metallica records is off kilter. 

Edited by phabletzza

38 minutes ago, phabletzza said:

Hey fellow Whigs fan, please don't address me as though I'm a moron - obvs I know they're not equivalent, but if you look at the price of Michael Jackson or Fleetwood Mac records it does seem weird that the price vs. popularity of Metallica records is off kilter. 

Hey, you open the window, I’m just letting you know what I see inside. 

Also, Michael Jackson and Fleetwood Mac sold MILLIONS of actual records. Metallica sold MILLIONS of CDs. I feel like someone who graduated High School solving all these math problems today!

On 1/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, phabletzza said:

Actually I preemptively give up, I don't care enough about this. Enjoy your overpriced Metallica records! I will continue to own 0 of them!

You seem to be early in this game. Cheap Metallica records were actually pretty easy to come by even 5 years ago(reissues). Discogs will prolly be your best bet. Just be proactive. Record collecting has pretty much gone into overdrive in the last few years. 2020 really sent it over the top with the increase of online orders. And the sheer boredom of being home and isolated has gotten a lot people to ponder on existentialism and... and records! 🤓🤙

On 12/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, Uw0tm8 said:

What’s really pathetic is that Metallica is still going to profit off 30+ year old albums in 2020. How could anyone not know who they are, or not already have the albums they like? I guarantee Enter Sandman is playing on a local radio station somewhere right now. 

How dare a band make money off their music! Don't they know that playing in a band and making music is a charity and their work should be given away for FREE?! 

And while we are at it, fuck The Beatles! They've been selling those same great records for over 50 years, what a bunch of selfish pricks.