PO: Metallica (6 Albums, Walmart Exclusive Variants)

3 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Love Justice. Spun that shit three times already!

You ever listen to any of the mixes people have done where they actually added in the bass parts? So good. Sounds totally different, but I think both ways are equally great.

2 hours ago, merlecakes said:

Bellman.  And the Vinyl Up Your Ass! gem (sorry - I can’t insert a photo).

Thanks for the heads-up.  Just came back from my local WM and was able to buy every one of them, except for Damage Inc., which I wouldn't  have bought anyway.

I have original US and UK for KEA, RTL, MOP, and AJFA, and an original US Black album, I'm curious to see how Chris Bellman did with these. I'm especially curious with AJFA. CB does a hell of

Ccc a job with nearly everything he touches.

22 hours ago, pushbacktosquare said:

I purchased 2 bundles and was very impressed with the HUGE whiplash mailer that Walmart used and the extra effort to ship a box within a box. 

Kudos. 

Same here. Although I received the "Black" album with a damaged sleeve (already refunded), but they added an extra Kill em' All with a damaged sleeve in the same mailer!?  So now I have 2 red Kill em' Alls🤣

Thought that was kinda funny...

16 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Same here. Although I received the "Black" album with a damaged sleeve (already refunded), but they added an extra Kill em' All with a damaged sleeve in the same mailer!?  So now I have 2 red Kill em' Alls🤣

Thought that was kinda funny...

Any chance you'll part with that extra damaged Kill em All for cheap? It's the only one of their first 4 albums I'm missing. Thanks!

On 2/4/2021 at 9:03 AM, zdkaiser said:

Any chance you'll part with that extra damaged Kill em All for cheap? It's the only one of their first 4 albums I'm missing. Thanks!

Sure.  Been kinda busy lately. I'll keep you in mind. I'll message you a price once I can get around to it. Pm🤙 me if you find something before. 

17 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Sure.  Been kinda busy lately. I'll keep you in mind. I'll message you a price once I can get around to it. Pm🤙 me if you find something before. 

Hey thanks. I ended up picking the black vinyl version during Target's buy 2 get 1 free sale. Thanks though. Take care.

14 hours ago, Lanas said:

Did anyone compare them with the "Blackened" previous remasters series of 2016-2018? I believe they must sound the same because the same person "Chris Bellman" cut and the previous remasters too. If anyone has compare them, please leave a message.

They are probably the exact same stamper/plates between the 2016-2018 remasters and these new color represses. Doubt they re-did the whole remaster process a few years later for Wal-Mart color presses.

Edited by zdkaiser

7 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

They are probably the exact same stamper/plates between the 2016-2018 remasters and these new color represses. Doubt they re-did the whole remaster process a few years later for Wal-Mart color presses.

Thank you very much that answer me. I was thinking the same but some people on the net try to convince you for the opposite.

16 minutes ago, Lanas said:

Thank you very much that answer me. I was thinking the same but some people on the net try to convince you for the opposite.

Yeah, compare the matrix info from the deadwax listed on discogs. I listened to my black reissue of Master of Puppets today, and it was a Bellman mastering pressed at Pallas. Identical to the new red pressing I believe.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, Lanas said:

Did anyone compare them with the "Blackened" previous remasters series of 2016-2018? I believe they must sound the same because the same person "Chris Bellman" cut and the previous remasters too. If anyone has compare them, please leave a message.

I only had Ride The Lightning to compare too.  They sounded similar to me except my Walmart version had some clicking during Fade to Black which was a pressing defect.  Of course I couldn't get a replacement to see if it was any better but I haven't see any others complaining about it so it must be an isolated problem.