PO Now: Taylor Swift - Evermore 2xLP (Digital PO now)

jhulud

Finally got my email. 15 mp3 files, a 500x500 album art, and the digital booklet. which is nice, but the other stuff is a bum for $10. on the final track right now and justin vernon is still godly. this one sounds like it could have closed folklore, too.

the iphone case is for 12 pro too, but how much more am i actually going to drop on taylor this year? fucking yikes

and the burning question: how many of these felt like they belonged square on folklore and how many could have been throwaways? if someone wants to release a double album bad enough they'll do it, but when RHCP did, they literally said "Here's the tracks. make your own record." which is a good thought imo. 

Edited by biodigitaljazz

there’s a lot of fluff on folklore in my opinion. this new one seems to have a bit more focus, personality and melody. I would say evermore is still too long and has its fluffy moments. overall, liking it more than folklore upon first listen.

Edited by 1876records

19 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

At least they didn't bundle the digital version with the vinyl this time making it impossible to get a full refund if they do end up releasing more.

Billboard changed their rules, they no longer allow sales of physical albums that are bundled with digital downloads to be reported as digital sales towards the charts.

1 hour ago, revisited said:

I’m sure we’ll be getting a target red variant!

i have the target variant for folklore, probably just going to wait for the same this time round as it’s going to be cheaper with less or even no shipping.  just hoping it’s a different color. i don’t mind the green on her webstore though. 

Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed after my first listen last night...

Gave it another round this morning. This album actually might be what they call a banger. 

Not nearly as good as Folklore, imo. However, definitely enjoyable. 

Side note: Closure feels extremely out of place and definitely could have been cut.

Edited by AdventureIsOutThere

10 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Not as immediate as folklore for me, but this is the type of slow burn album I want going into winter. 

I did enjoy it. 

Just finished my first listen and totally agree with this.  I really like it, but it didn't immediately grab me the same way as folklore.  Part of that might be that there isn't the same shock and happy surprise of a folky adult swearing taylor album.  Some really really good stuff on there, though, particularly on the back half. 

I stayed up til midnight and got about 10 songs in before falling asleep. Finished the album this morning and now halfway through my second listen. I am loving it. Folklore is my favorite TS release, and this is more of the same, so I am eating it up. Definitely more upbeat and poppy, but not in a way that is similar to her older work. Honestly I am still so happily surprised/shocked she went this direction with folklore and evermore; seems surreal when I think back a few years.

Struggling with how to buy it. Currently using Apple Music to stream, and have the vinyl in my cart, but due to how long it will be before it's pressed, obviously no rush. Especially if I don't get the instant digital download.

I also want to get the free shipping, but unsure of what else to add to my order. Anyone ever bought one of the lithographs? What's the quality like? My daughter wants a Taylor Swift poster for Christmas, which seems like a simple enough ask, however, outside of her website, everything online seems like all bootlegs. Considering the "Wildest Winter" lithograph; although obviously won't get it until 2021.