[PO] The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl 20th Anniversary

Shelby

39 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

It’s not the end of the world, but the professional thing to do is admit you fucked up, at the very least. It’s just that much more aggravating when the last band edition was supposed to be hand numbered and wasn’t. And now we don’t get the customer slip cover for the band variant. But on top of it to go back and edit it like you didn’t say it and delete all traces from it? That’s some ETR type shit. 

Yep. I wouldn't care if they got underprinted or whatever but just tell it like it is. I don't think the numbering from the last reissue is related in any way though that was the bands fault and a different label. I was so excited when I saw the band didn't have a hand in shipping these too lol ah well. Still excited for the best version of the best Appleseed record.

5 hours ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Of which there's also no tri-fold insert. 

Mine arrived, and there is a tri-fold insert with band photos. Visually everything is absolutely phenomenal and easily the best record packaging I have received this year. Attention to detail throughout is awesome and I just keep staring at it all. I haven't spun the records yet as I debate the next step--because I did not get the screen-print. I emailed Matt at Steadfast to ask if there are any available and attached to the teal copies in the store. Although right now I am not sure I'd give up the three different colors of wax for the screen-print as I said previously. Definitely frustrated about the lack of screen-print wrap, but overall I think long-term I'll probably forget about it if I can't get one because everything else is so stunning.

9 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Mine arrived, and there is a tri-fold insert with band photos. Visually everything is absolutely phenomenal and easily the best record packaging I have received this year. Attention to detail throughout is awesome and I just keep staring at it all. I haven't spun the records yet as I debate the next step--because I did not get the screen-print. I emailed Matt at Steadfast to ask if there are any available and attached to the teal copies in the store. Although right now I am not sure I'd give up the three different colors of wax for the screen-print as I said previously. Definitely frustrated about the lack of screen-print wrap, but overall I think long-term I'll probably forget about it if I can't get one because everything else is so stunning.

Per that e-mail response I shared this morning, he made it sound like all the wraps have already gone out on pre-orders, and there's currently none left.  I got the impression that even if I made a scene or pleaded for one, he literally had 0 to send my way to shut me up.  Could be wrong and I'm not insisting that you shouldn't bother reaching out if you're determined, but I just wouldn't hold my breath based on his choice of words earlier today.

45 minutes ago, Alan P said:

I feel better about it then thanks for the info. Good luck!

I received mine today from bandcamp/steadfast and looks great but I was also under the impression I'd be getting a wrap around numbered sleeve. So there really is nothing stopping anyone from buying the bundle and making their own /100 variant. Oh well, I'm happy to have a copy finally. Bring on a Sagarmatha reissue so I can finish my studio album collection 

Edited by NapalmBrain

6 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

My teal copy arrived from Steadfast with the tri-fold insert. Check the center sleeve; that's where mine was.

the tri-fold insert is in the band variant  as well. What is causing a stir is the fold over numbered cover many of us were under the impression we would receive with the /100 bandcamp exclusive. Ultimately all 3 colors look great, the packaging is incredible and it's the best it's ever sounded, so I'm just mad about some phantom made up situation where a neckbeard off the internet tries to challenge me about assembling a band variant in order to sell it for more when in reality I'm probably going to die with this record and it will be my heir's issue to deal with.

16 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

My teal copy arrived from Steadfast with the tri-fold insert. Check the center sleeve; that's where mine was.

Yeah I was wrong there and found it. I'll just let this situation go I just finished spinning the album and can't be mad.

1 minute ago, prowl20 said:

Alright, so I'm confused.

I ordered / thought I ordered, a standard teal copy with no extra flair. Were the teal copies NOT supposed to have a dark green outer slip cover? Mine came with that and a poster. I'm not complaining at all, I'm merely curious

Per the response I posted yesterday, ~800 covers were distributed among the labels’ exclusive copies.  If you ordered the all-teal or all-“jungle” brown variants, you should have a wrap.  If you ordered the band exclusive or the indie / retail white, you will not be receiving a wrap.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Per the response I posted yesterday, ~800 covers were distributed among the labels’ exclusive copies.  If you ordered the all-teal or all-“jungle” brown variants, you should have a wrap.  If you ordered the band exclusive or the indie / retail white, you will not be receiving a wrap.

Alright, that clears it up. For some reason I was under the assumption that band exclusives were the only ones with the wrap-cover. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Alright, that clears it up. For some reason I was under the assumption that band exclusives were the only ones with the wrap-cover. Thanks!

Yeah, I think more than just yourself thought that as well. 

To report back, received my band copy yesterday, no cover. It looks great, just kinda leaves the whole experience a little tarnished. Easily preventable by the record company/ label. Should have just bought 3 individual copies and mixed them myself, they all would have had covers then. 

4 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

Yeah, I think more than just yourself thought that as well. 

To report back, received my band copy yesterday, no cover. It looks great, just kinda leaves the whole experience a little tarnished. Easily preventable by the record company/ label. Should have just bought 3 individual copies and mixed them myself, they all would have had covers then. 

...And sell the other 2 or something?

Spinning it today and it sounds fantastic. I definitely get worried with splatter vinyl sometimes, but disc 1, which is the jungle swirl, had no problems and and was warm and clear the whole time. I'm currently on disc 2, teal.

Also, I'm going to sell my OG black Gilead Media pressing of this if anyone is interested. Mainly looking to recoup what I spent for the new pressing, if I can get that.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:42 AM, The Fuck Whisperer said:

They still have them for their version in their store. This time since the band wasn't involved with the process if they don't wanna give me one I'm opening a dispute I don't really care. I know Chris wasn't sitting there making these mockups lol.

you sound like a baby

4 hours ago, uglyorgan said:

I really love the transparent white variant. What's a good way to figure out a store near me that might have it? I've got a couple used record stores by me that mostly do classic rock and mega popular albums. Don't know how they would carry this even if I asked. 

go to the store and see

1 hour ago, ingoodhands said:

stay mad you didn't get ur little special cover 😂

On 6/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Yeah I was wrong there and found it. I'll just let this situation go I just finished spinning the album and can't be mad.

I know it's more than half a sentence though so you probably can't comprehend it