[PO] The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl 20th Anniversary

Shelby

2 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

having albums available to people longer than an hour is not a bad thing...

Oh, don’t get me wrong, and I agree with you. I think this is a good thing, but for a repress of an album that is not one of their most popular releases, 5000 is a lot. For perspective, the TWO most recent represses of Mare Vitalis total 1500, and The Fleeting Light of Impermanence, a new release for which copies are still readily available has a total pressing amount to date of 2000. 

How many times has LLO and Mare been pressed though in recent years? At least twice. I think folks may be underestimating the demand for Sagarmatha. Further, given how difficult it is to get things pressed these days, and how difficult and expensive it is to get licenses to press Appleseed's back catalog, I wouldn't blame Graveface for wanting to do a larger press and have some on hand for the future instead of dealing with the expensive hustle.

3 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Okay, so i went back to LLO the other day and it finally clicked haha.  I like it. 

one song is ABSOLUTELY the same as a Caspian song though...  it's on LP1 and it sounds just like Epochs in Dmajor.  I found that rather funny. 

I assume LLO came before Tertia?

yeah by a good decade. not familiar with the Caspian song, need to check this out :D

14 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

this is meaning that Appleseed are the ones stiffing him?  Any reason why?  That's lame and weird, I always saw them as rather professional and adult. 

Chris (only original member of Appleseed) has openly struggled with finances for a long time. He sent mass email in 2021 about it, and always is asking for places for the band to sleep. I feel bad for him and hoping friends intervene. I love the music, but it doesn’t seem sustainable at this point. Chris really needs to reconcile this situation with Charlie Wagers and the failed Old Canes Kickstarter.

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

this is meaning that Appleseed are the ones stiffing him?  Any reason why?  That's lame and weird, I always saw them as rather professional and adult. 

46 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Chris (only original member of Appleseed) has openly struggled with finances for a long time. He sent mass email in 2021 about it, and always is asking for places for the band to sleep. I feel bad for him and hoping friends intervene. I love the music, but it doesn’t seem sustainable at this point. Chris really needs to reconcile this situation with Charlie Wagers and the failed Old Canes Kickstarter.

Gotta link that shit, dude!

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/54861-old-canes-appleseed-cast-3-7-series/?do=findComment&comment=908384