For over a decade now, Michigan’s Sunlight Ascending have been perfecting their brand of epic, instrumental post-rock. At the start of the pandemic, the band traveled to Toronto to record “Echos in Green”, a beautiful, cinematic track that showcases their mastery of dynamics and lush instrumentation. This is their first new studio material in roughly 5 years, as members have recently been playing with Hollow Earth (Good Fight Music), The End of the Ocean (Equal Vision Records), and Wounded Touch (Bitter Melody Records).

This release will be limited to 200 copies (100 on transparent yellow, 100 on opaque green) with a screen-printed B side.

***This is a pre-order, records are expected to begin shipping in mid-late February

You can pre-order the limited 7" via Dropping Bombs, along with our remastered LP "All Memories, All At Once". Posters and shirts are available as well.  Also available on Bandcamp.  The song will be available on all streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, etc.) on Friday. And there's a lot more coming next year!

Buy it:
https://droppingbombs.bigcartel.com/products
Press and audio:

https://www.noecho.net/features/sunlight-ascending-band

sunlight+cover.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h

Edited by Gumbo72203

I really like the track. I wish they would have waited and written another track for a SS 12" as I only play my 7 " records a few times a year (a select group of about a dozen), back to back since you have to flip the buggers over so frequently. 6:50 for one side though is not bad. They were making some awesome music when very, very young.

Edited by drds89

15 hours ago, drds89 said:

I really like the track. I wish they would have waited and written another track for a SS 12" as I only play my 7 " records a few times a year (a select group of about a dozen), back to back since you have to flip the buggers over so frequently. 6:50 for one side though is not bad. They were making some awesome music when very, very young.

Yeah i feel you.  I don't go to the 7" records that often.  They're a bit trickier to play.  I'm still holding out on listening to this until i get it!

On 12/21/2020 at 1:45 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah i feel you.  I don't go to the 7" records that often.  They're a bit trickier to play.  I'm still holding out on listening to this until i get it!

It's very good, I think you will enjoy it! I'm still tempted, even for the TP bundle, just to kick some $ to the band

28 minutes ago, drds89 said:

It's very good, I think you will enjoy it! I'm still tempted, even for the TP bundle, just to kick some $ to the band

Yeah that's kind of why i went for the shirt bundle.  It's a bit for one song, but... they need it.  And if it helps the full-length for next year, then awesome.

• 1 month later...