Jump to content

PO Now: ††† (Crosses) - DAY ONE/VIVIEN 10" (10/28/22) | New EP (12/9)


Kanellos
 Share

Recommended Posts

Are these songs actually good or more of the last EP?  This whole thing is such a double-edge sword: I think it’s very cool / savvy that the band is finding a way to milk $60-$120+ out of their gotta’ catch ‘em all fans before releasing them on an LP [that the same people will buy again].  A+ marketing, I tip my hat to that.  But the same dipshits acknowledging how gross a $30 10” is – while grumbling before handing over their credit card or PayPal credentials – are also the same ones who try to insist that double LPs are “about $40 these days, that’s just the new norm.”  They’re also the same folks who enable trash like NFTs being forced into $50 LPs.  “This is whack but what are you gonna’ do?”  “The FOMO is real. 😂💵🔥

Clown world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kanellos changed the title to PO Now: ††† (Crosses) - DAY ONE/VIVIEN 10" (10/28/22) | New LP (TBD)
2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Are these songs actually good or more of the last EP?  This whole thing is such a double-edge sword: I think it’s very cool / savvy that the band is finding a way to milk $60-$120+ out of their gotta’ catch ‘em all fans before releasing them on an LP [that the same people will buy again].  A+ marketing, I tip my hat to that.  But the same dipshits acknowledging how gross a $30 10” is – while grumbling before handing over their credit card or PayPal credentials – are also the same ones who try to insist that double LPs are “about $40 these days, that’s just the new norm.”  They’re also the same folks who enable trash like NFTs being forced into $50 LPs.  “This is whack but what are you gonna’ do?”  “The FOMO is real. 😂💵🔥

Clown world.

I mean, the last 10" single, I *really* liked those songs.

I played this game last time, buying each of the three EPs that made up the first album, and then buying the full album when it dropped.

It's kind shitty, but honestly I didn't loose any money, I sold the EPs when the album dropped without even being scummy about the price I was ahead money.  And I didn't feel bad because if all you cared about was the music, a new fan could buy the album.  If you were a collector and wanted the EPs just cause, then fine, I was selling mine.


It'll probably be the same deal as last time, but I like the songs enough that if it turns out for each of these only one of two of the songs ends up on the album then great, I have the B-Side on vinyl.  If not and it's all on the album, then great, I can just sell these.

Edited by daegor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daegor said:

I mean, the last 10" single, I *really* liked those songs.

I played this game last time, buying each of the three EPs that made up the first album, and then buying the full album when it dropped.

It's kind shitty, but honestly I didn't loose any money, I sold the EPs when the album dropped without even being scummy about the price I was ahead money.  And I didn't feel bad because if all you cared about was the music, a new fan could buy the album.  If you were a collector and wanted the EPs just cause, then fine, I was selling mine.


It'll probably be the same deal as last time, but I like the songs enough that if it turns out for each of these only one of two of the songs ends up on the album then great, I have the B-Side on vinyl.  If not and it's all on the album, then great, I can just sell these.

If that happens hit me up. I’ll buy the singles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you got your money back (and then some), that’s a fair approach, @daegor.  But to play devil’s advocate – and also as a heads up to those who missed out today – the first EP is on Discogs (sealed, new) and available for like $5 below its original MSRP.  I have no idea what that one was limited to, or what this new one is, but it’s food for thought.  I also imagine the marketplace would be flooded with these EPs at competitively low prices if people were offloading them in exchange for an eventual 12”.  Pretty good deal for completionist fans who want to pick this up for cheap, if they absolutely need it to plug the 1 hole in their Crosses collection or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

If you got your money back (and then some), that’s a fair approach, @daegor.  But to play devil’s advocate – and also as a heads up to those who missed out today – the first EP is on Discogs (sealed, new) and available for like $5 below its original MSRP.  I have no idea what that one was limited to, or what this new one is, but it’s food for thought.  I also imagine the marketplace would be flooded with these EPs at competitively low prices if people were offloading them in exchange for an eventual 12”.  Pretty good deal for completionist fans who want to pick this up for cheap, if they absolutely need it to plug the 1 hole in their Crosses collection or something.

Interesting, I honestly hadn't look at all.  It's definitely unusual to have something that sold out so quick being sold at a loss in the aftermarket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Kanellos changed the title to PO Now: ††† (Crosses) - DAY ONE/VIVIEN 10" (10/28/22) | New EP (12/9)
  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Anyone else still waiting for their pink vinyl to show up?  I got shipping notification back on 10/26 and as far as i can tell from the tracking, it's been shipping label created in Anaheim ever since.

Same. At the very least, they printed labels that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×