PO Soon: ††† (Crosses) - Goodnight, God Bless, I Love U, Delete (10/13/23)

Kanellos

Just now, Velocity of Sound said:

Bullmoose says there are 3000 black copies as an Indie Exclusive. 

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35391682/crosses-initiation-protection

But they also are saying they have a  color variant of the new Orville Peck album, which simply is NOT true, so take the above info with a grain of salt. 

somewhat unrelated, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to tell you all that there is a bunch of new sealed listings for Deftones' Saturday Night Wrist on discogs for pretty cheap.  Some indie record shop in Oakland must've run into a mess of them.  In case it's missing from anyone's collection...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3402724?ev=rb

25 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

somewhat unrelated, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to tell you all that there is a bunch of new sealed listings for Deftones' Saturday Night Wrist on discogs for pretty cheap.  Some indie record shop in Oakland must've run into a mess of them.  In case it's missing from anyone's collection...

I found one at my local shop. Dude at the counter said most of their catalog got reprinted and was available for order. 

27 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Picked up SNW, KNY, and the White Pony repress from 1,2,3,4. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Adam10647 said:

I found one at my local shop. Dude at the counter said most of their catalog got reprinted and was available for order. 

That's strange, if there was a repress, someone on discogs surely would've made a new entry.  This Oakland shop is selling them under the 2012 release. 

1 minute ago, thesecrets0308 said:

That's strange, if there was a repress, someone on discogs surely would've made a new entry.  This Oakland shop is selling them under the 2012 release. 

Its likely simply more units printed under the latest mastering job thereby not a "new" or different pressing technically. You don't need to add a new entry for that. If there are identifiers in the barcode or matrix numbers that differ from the latest known pressing, then that would require adding a new entry.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

Its likely simply more units printed under the latest mastering job thereby not a "new" or different pressing technically. You don't need to add a new entry for that. If there are identifiers in the barcode or matrix numbers that differ from the latest known pressing, then that would require adding a new entry.

People make a new entry for anything on there.  I picked up an Analogue Productions copy of Norah Jones' Come Away With Me and it's been reissued 3 times (2012, 2019 and 2021) all with the same exact identifiers (barcode, catalog number, matrix runout etchings), the only difference i think i saw in the notes was that the 2012 issue had the Blue Note logo included on the labels while the 2019 and 2021 versions do not.  Point being, there is a separate listing for all 3 of them.

10 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

People make a new entry for anything on there.  I picked up an Analogue Productions copy of Norah Jones' Come Away With Me and it's been reissued 3 times (2012, 2019 and 2021) all with the same exact identifiers (barcode, catalog number, matrix runout etchings), the only difference i think i saw in the notes was that the 2012 issue had the Blue Note logo included on the labels while the 2019 and 2021 versions do not.  Point being, there is a separate listing for all 3 of them.

There's a chance those other examples may have had other features or packaging details that set them apart but if they didn't, then true to form people tend to over replicate listings any time the same version of a coveted title comes back in stock. Likely, someone will come along and petition to merge some of those listings together. the Norah Jones fanbase seems like one that would tend to be overzealous in the discogs version listings.

Most Deftones fans probably don't even know what a matrix number is. I say that as a huge Deftones fan myself but if you've spent any time on the Deftones forums, you'll see the general population is not particularly details oriented and marginally conscious of most things. There will likely be less tenacity in the upkeep of the version listing for Deftones releases and until someone receives a copy from this new stock, we won't know if there is any pertinent details to warrant a separate version listing for it.

Edited by mcpherson123

I'm going to be fuming mad if I somehow miss out on a copy of the full-length album when that does come.  Sometimes I just don't understand how someone is supposed to be a responsible adult with a family and job AND be able to catch these out-of-left-field limited vinyl pre-order announcements.  There's been times when I've even known in advance, set an alarm on my phone, and still can't get in there and secure a purchase fast enough even when I'm right on top of it.  Then I gotta pay flipper prices if I want one, ugh.  This 2-track single is fetching $150+ on ebay, how do these people sleep at night?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

New double single on 10”

https://www.crossescult.com/products/crosses-day-onevivien-10-pink-vinyl-exclusive-css

they really gonna milk the hell out of this upcoming album huh 

Snagged one, thank you for the heads up or a may have missed this!

geez, they haven't even posted on their facebook about this.  how'd you even know it was up?  just happened to check the merch site?  Been looking out for new Crosses stuff for months, i missed the web exclusive Initiation/Protection 10" and had to settle on the indie black variant of that one.  Hope they release these 2 new songs within the next couple of days digitally.

• Kanellos changed the title to PO Soon: ††† (Crosses) - Goodnight, God Bless, I Love U, Delete (10/13/23)