PO: The Starting Line - BOATS, Direction, Best Of live LPs

ejeffs

• ejeffs changed the title to PO: The Starting Line - BOATS, Direction, Best Of live LPs

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Interesting interesting. I'd have to watch one of these to hear the sound quality. Don't even have any of the original records, so would want those first.

I watched the Bouncing Souls Live At Studio 4 livestream and it sounded amazing. I mean, it's literally a recording studio, so they're built to do this kind of stuff. I'm sure these will sound just as good.

I grabbed the first press Best Of and only have tickets for the Best Of show.  Was a little worried about how they'd sound given how long it's been, etc... so i'm definitely relieved to hear they sounded great.

Both TSL Best Of and Jimmy Eat World Futures streams are on 1/29.  I'm going to feel like I'm 16 again and I can't wait.

I miss this band.  I was lucky enough to catch them live in Dallas, jeez was that (approximately) one year ago?  Or two now.  Either way, I miss them, and miss live shows.  Their stream was great, but these streams are starting to lose their luster.  Not that live streams were ever supposed to be a replacement for a live experience...  And this is not specific to TSL's stream, just in general.  Getting sick of sitting on the couch to watch shows...  Soz, end short rant, before it becomes a long rant.  

The Direction stream sounded excellent and I can't wait for the next two.

4 hours ago, verb1999 said:

I miss this band.  I was lucky enough to catch them live in Dallas, jeez was that (approximately) one year ago?  Or two now.  Either way, I miss them, and miss live shows.  Their stream was great, but these streams are starting to lose their luster.  Not that live streams were ever supposed to be a replacement for a live experience...  And this is not specific to TSL's stream, just in general.  Getting sick of sitting on the couch to watch shows...  Soz, end short rant, before it becomes a long rant.  

The Direction stream sounded excellent and I can't wait for the next two.

I thought the same thing but bands have been doing some cool things. Anberlin and TSL have been performing full albums. ATL let each band member pick a set. NFG did a 40 song set. But none of these will replace a live show. 

On 1/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I thought the same thing but bands have been doing some cool things. Anberlin and TSL have been performing full albums. ATL let each band member pick a set. NFG did a 40 song set. But none of these will replace a live show. 

Plus the NFG Christmas show had some glorious moments.  Their Home Alone skit had me lmao.  And anybody who missed Every Time I Die's Christmas "Telethon"...my God...if those guys ever want to, they can get a gig writing comedy, I swear.  So funny and so good.  Those types of shows I wouldn't mind being here to stay.  Just side entertainment streams.  But yeah, the live show thing.  I'll still keep buying tickets in hopes to keep all these bands afloat & just keep hoping live music returns sooner than later. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...