Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails over the country Club (3/19)

10 minutes ago, Vega said:

Ok thanks, ordered a copy anyway.

But seriously, it's 2021. It's not acceptable that labels, especially major labels, still do this shit and don't include download codes. This seems especially to be the case with major artists these days.

I feel like the pinnacle of download codes coming with more than half of my new record purchases was about 2 years ago. I feel like 75% of the records I have purchased in the past year DON’T have a download code. Even from artists and labels where downloads were the norm. I suppose with the prevalence of streaming services a download is no longer essential. 

Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed less in the past year. But yeah probably 2. 

I get that they stopped doing it because of streaming, but it’s a bummer because people who want physical copies probably maintain a digital library as well. 

or to put it another way, people who value a tangible thing most likely want to extract as much tangibility out of a non-physical item as well.  And a mp3 > streaming in that regard.