PO: Death Cab for Cutie - The Georgia EP

In celebration of the recent Georgia runoff election results, The Georgia E.P. is now available for pre-order on limited edition peach colored 180-gram vinyl.

This is the same E.P. that we released in December 2020 for one day only on Bandcamp to raise money for the amazing Georgia based voter rights organization Fair Fight Action. Although the fundraiser for this release has now ended, we wanted to re-extend our thanks to everyone who helped us raise over $100,000 for Fair Fight Action!

Produced, engineered and recorded by DCFC at home, November 16-19th 2020
Mixed by Martin Cooke, November 20-25th 2020
Mastered by Ed Brooks at Resonant Mastering, Seattle, WA on Thanksgiving, 2020
Cover Art by Zack Bolotin (zackbolotin.com)
Management: Brilliant Corners Artist Management

This e.p. is dedicated to Stacey Abrams and all the hardworking people at Fair Fight.

Track List

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:05
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:14

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:25

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate

1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track

Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Waterfalls (TLC cover)
King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 (Neutral Milk Hotel cover)
Fall On Me (R.E.M. cover)
Flirted With You All My Life (Vic Chesnutt cover)
Metal Heart (Cat Power cover)

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:04
/

Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -0:15

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:15

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/

Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate

1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track

Fullscreen
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sa
Advertisement

https://store.deathcabforcutie.com/collections/featured-on-the-homepage/products/georgia-ep

$16 plus shipping, ended up being $26 shipped for me. 

About $7 cheaper here:

https://www.barsuk.com/shop/bark198

Edited by kas1985
Added newer, cheaper link.

Just now, Alan P said:

I pre-ordered this yesterday as well, was glad they pressed it on vinyl (and peach!). I assumed they would eventually.

The extra $10 for tax + shipping was discouraging, but didn't seem like there was anywhere else to order from.

Agreed. I had hoped to be able to get the “Proxima B” 7” as well to combine shipping, but that was gone. Only reason I didn’t pick that up was for the same reason, shipping being far too high and nearing the cost of the item itself. 

40 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

Agreed. I had hoped to be able to get the “Proxima B” 7” as well to combine shipping, but that was gone. Only reason I didn’t pick that up was for the same reason, shipping being far too high and nearing the cost of the item itself. 

Following this thread to see if media mail gets added at a later point, or maybe Bull moose or amazon get it with free shipping. I can't do $27 bucks for a 5 song EP. I also skipped the Proxima B 7" for the same reason. 

45 minutes ago, kylet said:

Following this thread to see if media mail gets added at a later point, or maybe Bull moose or amazon get it with free shipping. I can't do $27 bucks for a 5 song EP. I also skipped the Proxima B 7" for the same reason. 

Read about cheaper shipping on the Barsuk website:

52 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Read about cheaper shipping on the Barsuk website:

What am I missing? When I click that link I get directed to the record. When I click more information the only thing I can find about shipping is this:

We ship US orders via USPS Priority, First Class or Media Mail. Orders to all other countries are shipped via Air Mail (or International Priority Express for heavier packages), and are charged a shipping/handling fee based on weight and country of destination — please be aware that some countries charge a customs fee on incoming shipments, which you will be responsible to pay if you want your package delivered. We have no control over the amount you may be charged for customs.

56 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Barsuk Media Mail is $3.33. So the total is $19.33 (no tax, at least from my location). I ordered from Barsuk and canceled my store (Live Nation) order.

Doh. I'm an idiot. 🤦‍♂️Completely missed the first link was Death cab and the second was Barsuk. Ordering now. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Alan P said:

Barsuk Media Mail is $3.33. So the total is $19.33 (no tax, at least from my location). I ordered from Barsuk and canceled my store (Live Nation) order.

thanks for the heads up, just did the same, submitted a request to cancel the death cab store order. worth saving almost $10!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aju2streets said:

Has anyone actually had their order from the Death Cab store cancelled yet? 

Definitely not. To make matters worse, this is also popping up in places like Bullmoose and Zia for $16.99, free shipping over a $35-40 threshold. Also, I’ve seen in a few places this appears to be limited to 7500. 

12 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Definitely not. To make matters worse, this is also popping up in places like Bullmoose and Zia for $16.99, free shipping over a $35-40 threshold. Also, I’ve seen in a few places this appears to be limited to 7500. 

Damn, I wish that labels/artists would be more transparent about how limited something actually is beforehand, but I guess there’s less money in doing that. 

I’m happy to support Barsuk but man I hope they honor cancellations from the band’s site 

• 2 weeks later...