PO Now: AFI - Twisted Tongues/Escape From Los Angeles 7"

kylet

7 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

They'll be on a 7".

I'm assuming the same thing. But do you have any proof? Last rise records 7" I was interested in was the Tiger Army one. I remember it being real expensive and the only way to get the rare one was to buy a bundle with like 5 variants of it or something like that. I ended up passing. Hoping that's not the case tomorrow......but I would jump on that for AFI. 

Edited by kylet

11 minutes ago, kylet said:

I'm assuming the same thing. But do you have any proof? Last rise records 7" I was interested in was the Tiger Army one. I remember it being real expensive and the only way to get the rare one was to buy a bundle with like 5 variants of it or something like that. I ended up passing. Hoping that's not the case tomorrow......but I would jump on that for AFI. 

I can confirm its a 7", and I have heard the two new tracks. Pretty cool stuff.
I think if you vibed with the variety and exploration on the Missing Man EP you will dig these.

1 minute ago, V3XED said:

I can confirm its a 7", and I have heard the two new tracks. Pretty cool stuff.
I think if you vibed with the variety and exploration on the Missing Man EP you will dig these.

I just heard them now. Escape from Los Angeles is a fun boppy tune. Twisted Tongues is just more of the same new AFI in my opinion. 

Planning to pick up the rarest variant tomorrow if I can get one in time. 

• kylet changed the title to PO Now: AFI - Twisted Tongues/Escape for Los Angles 7"
  • kylet changed the title to PO Now: AFI - Twisted Tongues/Escape From Los Angeles 7"
Just now, robinsoncano said:

Rise keeps adding more numbers to their store. Very weird. It's back up there.

If this release is anything like the recent Blaqk Audio album, new, more interesting (and more limited) variants will keep popping up over the next couple of weeks just to piss everyone off 😕

Damn...I was shitfaced when I ordered the 7" last night and just got around to listening to the songs just now...OOF...this is not the AFI that I expected and hoped for. Too synth-y and not even a semblance of the goth hardcore-punk sound at all...anywhere. 

Did they get confused and release Blaqk Audio songs as AFI?!?!?

Did they take away the "limited to /1000" from the description and just make this readily available?

Seems like the smart punk/less than jake situation is just becoming the norm lately.

Also if this is shipping 2/19/21, seems pretty close to change your pressing plans and expect to have it out by release date still. 

Edited by kylet