Weezer "OK Human"

N8TRU

Missing out on the /500 killed the "I need the vinyl" FOMO for me. 

Music wise, this is like the most adult Rivers Cuomo song. The lyrics are simple and easy but they make some sense and there are no random, shoe-horned 5 syllable proper nouns from his lyrics spreadsheet. Very interested to hear if this is their "we're making a noticeable effort" late career gem.

54 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

The /500 probably had an early release or a bunch set aside for the fan club. 

I forgot all about it. Hoping Bullmoose will have the indie. 

Well I’m in the god damn fan club and don’t recall ever see an email about anything like that 😪

4 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Well I was just speculating. If they didn't, then the /500 just sold out really fast. 

Oh I know you were, I'm just mad at myself. I'm an old man and have to get up for work each day at 5:30 but was making sure to stay up for the pre-order. Only to not realize or remember the web address or where to go for the actual pre-order until 11:02 CST when I find out the /500 had already sold out lol Oh well. Personally I liked the "flesh" and "alien slime" variants better anyways. 

Also, in regard to the new song, I weirdly dig it. And although Rivers mentioned on Twitter this albums complete lack of electric guitar (which hurts my soul), if these are actual good songs and not too qwerky, I think it'll be worth it. 

15 minutes ago, axisrecapital said:

Are there any links to preorder the indie splatter yet?  Can you please post them if you know of them?

Not that I can find yet. Here's the specific OK Human pre-order link to their webstore though in case anyone needs it: 

https://weezerwebstore.com/collections/ok-human

• N8TRU changed the title to PO: Weezer "OK Human"

Indie Splatter at Rough Trade UK is up: https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/weezer/ok-human/lp-plus

Just to be clear, the Black album had the "black blob in clear" variant, which was also limited to 500 and you can still get a sealed copy for cheap, so I'm not overly upset that I missed the clear variant of OK Human :  https://www.discogs.com/Weezer-Weezer/release/13289754

• N8TRU changed the title to Weezer "OK Human"