Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

26 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yes, I am aware how these things work. But what you just told me, right here, is that if someone requests a record be shipped a certain way(if you refer to my initial post, that’s all I asked), you or whatever fulfillment company you use, won’t act on that request because a record is sealed? And that you hope “minimal” damage occurs? There should be no damage if done correctly.

I know y’all go through Second City and they’re really good at honoring requests/notes, and even rectifying situations where something is damaged in transit. But that response... haha

Tbh, your entitlement is kinda bogus. These things take time and effort, and you’re just assuming that they can handle requests of that magnitude even during a pandemic when most businesses are functioning at lower capacity. If this company were to take specific requests from every individual that orders from them, the amount of problems that could arise are astronomical. Try to consider things like this when kicking and screaming certain services be rendered in order to prevent something that MIGHT happen.

3 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Tbh, your entitlement is kinda bogus. These things take time and effort, and you’re just assuming that they can handle requests of that magnitude even during a pandemic when most businesses are functioning at lower capacity. If this company were to take specific requests from every individual that orders from them, the amount of problems that could arise are astronomical. Try to consider things like this when kicking and screaming certain services be rendered in order to prevent something that MIGHT happen.

This is an excellent, articulate response. Well done. The only words I could come up with were “fuck off.”

34 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yes, I am aware how these things work. But what you just told me, right here, is that if someone requests a record be shipped a certain way(if you refer to my initial post, that’s all I asked), you or whatever fulfillment company you use, won’t act on that request because a record is sealed? And that you hope “minimal” damage occurs? There should be no damage if done correctly.

I know y’all go through Second City and they’re really good at honoring requests/notes, and even rectifying situations where something is damaged in transit. But that response... haha

The way you worded your question was not asking “Since the record are 180 gram and most likely to come shrink-wrapped, will you honor requests through your fulfillment company to have them shipped outside of the jacket?”

Just saying ;)

We are very communicative label and open to any and all feedback but that was not constructive criticism.

If you order a record and want it shipped differently then I’m sure we can figure something out!

4 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

There is no entitlement on my end. I asked a question regarding a simple shipping procedure, that any label or fulfillment company should already be fully keen on. Instead of saying “Yeah good point, knowing this is going to be a HUGE record for us and our customers, and it’s on a heavy weight record that’s been very notorious for destroying jackets, I’ll see what’s up and make sure they know these types of requests are gonna come in and ask if it’s possible to fulfill them.” It takes literally seconds to unshrink, take a record out of a jacket and pack to the best of your ability. I know, I did it for years.

How much time and effort is it going to take to respond to customers who are going to complain that their records showed up destroyed and to send out new records/jackets, or to respond to said customers bitching about their favorite album that’s been out of print for 10 years is fucked up? 🤷‍♀️

Through hundreds of online orders, I can count on one hand how many times I've received a brand new record shipped outside of the jacket, even when just in a poly sleeve and not shrink wrapped.

That largely seems to be pretty exclusive to the secondary market as a whole. Good on you for doing it that way, and I completely appreciate the concerns, but that's not how the overwhelming majority of labels/distros handle things. 

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

There is no entitlement on my end. I asked a question regarding a simple shipping procedure, that any label or fulfillment company should already be fully keen on. Instead of saying “Yeah good point, knowing this is going to be a HUGE record for us and our customers, and it’s on a heavy weight record that’s been very notorious for destroying jackets, I’ll see what’s up and make sure they know these types of requests are gonna come in and ask if it’s possible to fulfill them.” It takes literally seconds to unshrink, take a record out of a jacket and pack to the best of your ability. I know, I did it for years.

How much time and effort is it going to take to respond to customers who are going to complain that their records showed up destroyed and to send out new records/jackets, or to respond to said customers bitching about their favorite album that’s been out of print for 10 years is fucked up? 🤷‍♀️

It definitely takes a lot longer than a few seconds - especially when you’re concerned with not damaging the product. But let’s say you’re right, and it only takes a few seconds. Then let’s multiply that by the amount of people that will ask for their orders to be specifically packaged. And, you know what, let’s factor in how the USPS is suffering massive setbacks. If it’s not bitching about a product coming in slightly damaged, then it’s on with the bitching about how long it’s taking. It’s pretty much lose-lose for this company who simply wants to bring you the music you want to hear.

Now let’s consider how I have thousands of vinyl, and how SO MANY of them have seam splits, and how this has affected neither the sound quality nor my enjoyment of the packaging itself. I’m just speaking from experience here, but if you’re worried about things like seam splits when you’re collecting records then you really should consider a new hobby.

10 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

...How much time and effort is it going to take to respond to customers who are going to complain that their records showed up destroyed and to send out new records/jackets, or to respond to said customers bitching about their favorite album that’s been out of print for 10 years is fucked up? 🤷‍♀️

I don’t know, how much of @thedillon ‘s time have you wasted in this thread alone so far?

2 minutes ago, Uw0tm8 said:

I don’t know, how much of @thedillon ‘s time have you wasted in this thread alone so far?

I mean, it wouldn't be a real VC thread if it didn't devolve into complaining within three pages. We're one under par at least!

Maybe just purchase the record you want and assume it will arrive undamaged and if it does then maybe don’t get all up in arms about a piece of cardboard getting creased, or politely reach out to the label afterwards and request a replacement jacket. 

9 minutes ago, mitchard said:

Through hundreds of online orders, I can count on one hand how many times I've received a brand new record shipped outside of the jacket, even when just in a poly sleeve and not shrink wrapped.

Have you ever asked?

9 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

It definitely takes a lot longer than a few seconds - especially when you’re concerned with not damaging the product. But let’s say you’re right, and it only takes a few seconds. Then let’s multiply that by the amount of people that will ask for their orders to be specifically packaged. And, you know what, let’s factor in how the USPS is suffering massive setbacks. If it’s not bitching about a product coming in slightly damaged, then it’s on with the bitching about how long it’s taking. It’s pretty much lose-lose for this company who simply wants to bring you the music you want to hear.

Now let’s consider how I have thousands of vinyl, and how SO MANY of them have seam splits, and how this has affected neither the sound quality nor my enjoyment of the packaging itself. I’m just speaking from experience here, but if you’re worried about things like seam splits when you’re collecting records then you really should consider a new hobby.

I never once mentioned anything about my personal investment in any of this. I don’t have any. I was playing devil’s advocate. You’ve waited half a lifetime to finally own this record and it shows up fucked, would you be upset? Would you request a new jacket? As you stated, no. Now let’s say you’re not you, but someone else that’s not as excepting. Also, you did leave a note and request the record be taken out of the jacket. Now your request was ignored and the record you’ve waited so long for looks like shit and you’re fully fuckin bummed. I’ve been collecting long enough and worked in the “industry” long enough to know that simple requests can make a huge difference and take a huge load off your hands in the long run. I’d rather take the little time it takes to fulfill requests, rather than deal with someone who’s pissed off about 3/4 seam splits and massive dog ear. That being said, the types of people who are going to buy this record aren’t necessarily going to be avid collectors who are content with crappy shipping habits and “minimal damage”. That’s all.

I’ve been collecting for over 20 years, I’m doing good.

20 minutes ago, mitchard said:

I mean, it wouldn't be a real VC thread if it didn't devolve into complaining within three pages. We're one under par at least!

Not once do I recall complaining. You’d think by now all you usual “pop punk thread” suspects would be attuned to and could recognize actual complaints. 

Man, lots of hate in this thread. Your fulfillment center did a great job packing orders and shipping items promptly with the Cartel - Chroma reissue back in September. Excited for this reissue of Ocean Avenue! Will definitely be purchasing.

Edited by illkeepyouinmind

23 minutes ago, rooks said:

Ayyy another thread with MyEnemy pooping all over the place creating a big stinky mess.

Yup💩 But really, I don’t wanna take away the real reason for the thread. 

People are stoked and @thedillon is doing wonders for everyone nostalgic for early 2000’s major label pop punk. 

Commence the love.

22 minutes ago, illkeepyouinmind said:

Man, lots of hate in this thread. Your fulfillment center did a great job packing orders and shipping items promptly with the Cartel - Chroma reissue back in September. Excited for this reissue of Ocean Avenue! Will definitely be purchasing.

Do wanna get this discussion somewhat back on track and mention that my cartel and ftsk order came in looking ace and sound fantastic and I will definitely be looking forward to this one. Keep up the good work, @thedillon (I think you’re local to DFW, so that’s a total bonus getting to support a killer local business)

2 hours ago, thedillon said:

This is not a reimagined album. This is a repress of Ocean Avenue in all its glory. 

The records are finished and on a boat to the states. Once they arrive we’ll get our promo photos up and announce the album properly and go on sale shortly thereafter (probably a week from the official announcement).

100 bonus points for putting these on sale AFTER you receive them and not doing a 6 month long preorder while they're on a boat from Europe. Also great job with Cartel release. My only negative comment about it would be the picture sleeve. These seem to always get torn from records bouncing around and I much prefer a plain white sleeve and a printed insert.

1 hour ago, mitchard said:

That largely seems to be pretty exclusive to the secondary market as a whole. Good on you for doing it that way, and I completely appreciate the concerns, but that's not how the overwhelming majority of labels/distros handle things. 

Weird. My experience is the opposite. I can count the number of times I've received a record in a poly sleeve inside the jacket from a label on one hand.

48 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I’ve been collecting for over 20 years, I’m doing good.

You should ask them to draw a picasso on the mailer too.

Thanks for the love everyone!

Rico and I (Field Day) are super excited about this one. I will say that my anxiety is at an all-time high given this is one of my favorite records and I just want to do right by it but luckily Ryan has been super cool, hands-on, and supportive of the release and we can’t wait to share it!

❤️

5 hours ago, thedillon said:

Thanks for the love everyone!

Rico and I (Field Day) are super excited about this one. I will say that my anxiety is at an all-time high given this is one of my favorite records and I just want to do right by it but luckily Ryan has been super cool, hands-on, and supportive of the release and we can’t wait to share it!

❤️

Do you think it's likely that a repress of 'Lights And Sounds' and 'Paper Walls' could be on the cards after this?

14 hours ago, Billich0986 said:

Any word on if these are different plates or a remix and/or remaster? Just curious if this will sound any different from the OG press. 

They are new plates we made with the universal masters. They weren’t remastered specifically for vinyl or anything like that (that’s a whole different league with dealing with majors) but the tests sound great!

13 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

Do you think it's likely that a repress of 'Lights And Sounds' and 'Paper Walls' could be on the cards after this?

As much as I love those records I doubt that we will go after them but who knows. We’ve literally been working on this one since may of 2019. It’s been a slow and arduous process with the pandemic.

Hello friends,

If you haven’t had a chance to check out my Patreon page, and become a part of the community, I have some news! 

A couple of months ago an idea I had started to turn into a reality that was much bigger than I had originally imagined. For the last 6 months I’ve been doing a livestream concert from my home studio every month on Patreon. In the shows I’ve been playing new versions of many requested Yellowcard songs. It got me thinking that it might be cool to record some of them for release. 

I asked a couple of friends if they might be interested in doing a guest appearance on a song, and it quickly got out of hand in the best way. The original idea has grown to a much larger full length album (or two) featuring guest vocals and performances from many of my musical friends. I’m just now starting to get going on the production, and hoping to release an album later in 2021. 

That brings me to Patreon. In order to maintain the promise of new music, and exclusivity for patrons, I’m recording alternate versions of every single song to be released only on Patreon. These versions will just be me singing without the guests, and they will never be released to the public. Plus you’ll get to hear the vibe of all the reimagined songs way before anyone else. I’ve attached a couple of clips from Ocean Avenue, and Telescope, the first two songs I’ve released on Patreon.

• IndigoHollow changed the title to Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue