Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Corgipants said:

Out of curiosity, how does that resolve? Would it be on the pressing plant? 

Basically you pay a deposit before you got to press, then when it’s completed they hold the shipment until you pay the balance. The balance reflects how many units were finished. We’re on our 20th release now and FDR19 and FDR20 (chroma and ocean avenue) are the only ones we’ve had underages on. It could be a number of reasons but the plants always claim quality control.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh, your entitlement is kinda bogus. These things take time and effort, and you’re just assuming that they can handle requests of that magnitude even during a pandemic when most businesses are functi

This is not a reimagined album. This is a repress of Ocean Avenue in all its glory.    The records are finished and on a boat to the states. Once they arrive we’ll get our promo photos up and a

Thanks for the love everyone!   Rico and I (Field Day) are super excited about this one. I will say that my anxiety is at an all-time high given this is one of my favorite records and I just wa

1 hour ago, thedillon said:

Basically you pay a deposit before you got to press, then when it’s completed they hold the shipment until you pay the balance. The balance reflects how many units were finished. We’re on our 20th release now and FDR19 and FDR20 (chroma and ocean avenue) are the only ones we’ve had underages on. It could be a number of reasons but the plants always claim quality control.

what plant(s) do you guys use? not complaining, just curious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 3:52 AM, thedillon said:

Black should be 1-500

Yellow should be 501-1500

 

Of course with the underages I’m not entirely sure if they picked up the yellow copies at 501 or 485. I guess time will tell as people continue to post photos. Also Fuck underages I’m so annoyed that our last two releases had underages after always having  overages.

I just received my black copy today in the UK and its #00487. I thought there were 484 of the black but seeing your comment I guess there could be 500 after all

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkiptotheEnd said:

I just received my black copy today in the UK and its #00487. I thought there were 484 of the black but seeing your comment I guess there could be 500 after all

No there are not 500, there were underages which means records were thrown out due to quality control so for example it’s possible that a 484 or a 301 or a 252 we’re thrown out for whatever reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thedillon said:

No there are not 500, there were underages which means records were thrown out due to quality control so for example it’s possible that a 484 or a 301 or a 252 we’re thrown out for whatever reason

They should just give you all of them, even the QC ones, or at least offer you that option... throwing them away should be the last option, especially when they are numbered like this. 

 

but that’s just like, my opinion lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

They should just give you all of them, even the QC ones, or at least offer you that option... throwing them away should be the last option, especially when they are numbered like this. 

 

but that’s just like, my opinion lol 

Or you know, make extras to fulfill the order...

Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory is a factory employee got hungry and thought no one would notice a small bite missing from several copies. His manager Talbot walks in, holding a red thermos filled with piping hot breakfast soup, the eggs still bubbling and small bits of bacon swimming up to the surface. Talbot looks towards his employee Reynaldo, mouth full of cardboard and hard vinyl, and gasps. “We don’t allow this,” Talbot whispers. Reynaldo turns in shame. “A part of me wonders,” Reynaldo says, “if I always wanted to get caught.” Talbot is silent. He grabs a clipboard and he writes on the attached paper. Reynaldo knows what it says but he can not resist looking. He walks behind Talbot and places his chin over his shoulder and reads:

 

Make 18 more copies of the Yellowcard record.

 

That’s what probably happened, based on the info shared above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oblivions said:

My theory is a factory employee got hungry and thought no one would notice a small bite missing from several copies. His manager Talbot walks in, holding a red thermos filled with piping hot breakfast soup, the eggs still bubbling and small bits of bacon swimming up to the surface. Talbot looks towards his employee Reynaldo, mouth full of cardboard and hard vinyl, and gasps. “We don’t allow this,” Talbot whispers. Reynaldo turns in shame. “A part of me wonders,” Reynaldo says, “if I always wanted to get caught.” Talbot is silent. He grabs a clipboard and he writes on the attached paper. Reynaldo knows what it says but he can not resist looking. He walks behind Talbot and places his chin over his shoulder and reads:

 

Make 18 more copies of the Yellowcard record.

 

That’s what probably happened, based on the info shared above.

0mKXcg1.gif

Edited by tokimedo
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, thedillon said:

No there are not 500, there were underages which means records were thrown out due to quality control so for example it’s possible that a 484 or a 301 or a 252 we’re thrown out for whatever reason

What are the reasonable odds of you having another press in the next year or so?
I assume right now is likely my best time to buy since the supply is high (in scalper's hands.) I didn't really want to pay $130 for the album. but desperate times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, S7arbuck said:

What are the reasonable odds of you having another press in the next year or so?
I assume right now is likely my best time to buy since the supply is high (in scalper's hands.) I didn't really want to pay $130 for the album. but desperate times.

How desperate can you possibly be for a Yellowcard record? Seriously, wait for the repress. It’s coming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

How desperate can you possibly be for a Yellowcard record? Seriously, wait for the repress. It’s coming. 

You have no idea how much I listened to this record in Middle School..... And $130 isn't as bad as other records I have considered or even purchased. There is no problem with asking. jesus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, S7arbuck said:

You have no idea how much I listened to this record in Middle School..... And $130 isn't as bad as other records I have considered or even purchased. There is no problem with asking. jesus.

Hey, I’m sorry - I realize now that my comment came across way too aggressively. I’m merely frustrated by the fact that there are flippers just waiting to prey on anyone with your sentiments. They’re keeping the record out of your hands just to turn around and sell it back to you for a sick profit. My advice is simply to not let them do that. FDR has promised a repress. We can only hope it won’t sell out in less than three minutes next time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website