Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

Failed to find any relevant thread for Ocean Avenue (not acoustic). Only one looks similar, but it's about several Yellowcard albums.

Yellowcard IG account 5 months ago posted photo of a test press. After that The Field day records posted video with test press playing Ocean Avenue on the turntable. Since that there was silence, no news or anything. 

But yesterday The Field day IG account showed a sneak peek of something that matches with the Ocean Avenue artwork.

But what does that emojies mean? Ocean Avenue itself or a shipping by sea?

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, rooks said:

@IndigoHollowunfortunately the Yellowcard official IG says this will be the first in a series of "reimagined" Yellowcard albums done solo by William Ryan Key.

Big old bummer. 

In the last Yellowcard IG post I can see only information about one reimagined songs. And it will be available only digitally in Patreon.
Don't think that it somehow related with upcoming LP reissue.

I mean I guess we gotta wait for the official word but they posted the test press that says "ocean avenue" with the caption ";) #oceanavenue" and then the one where they announced the reimagined patreon they also called it "#oceanavenue" maybe their IG person just likes to use hashtags like hyperlinks. 

It would be weird since the test press shows artist name as Yellowcard and I doubt Key would release it under that moniker 100% solo\reimagined so hopefully I misunderstood. 

And the original tease DOES say #reissue.

Edited by rooks

Ever since that "coming soon" image went up on FD's website awhile back, I've been checking their social media pages daily haha.

Looking at the post on Yellowcard's IG, I feel like that that reads more as a reimagined version of the song Ocean Avenue, not the entire album. I think these are two different things entirely.

This is not a reimagined album. This is a repress of Ocean Avenue in all its glory. 

The records are finished and on a boat to the states. Once they arrive we’ll get our promo photos up and announce the album properly and go on sale shortly thereafter (probably a week from the official announcement).

4 hours ago, Uw0tm8 said:

IF this ends up being an OA repress, and IF it is the original album, I will buy one. 
But it damn well better be a 2xLP this time!

It’s still a single LP but will be different packaging from the other ocean avenue releases.

5 minutes ago, thedillon said:

This is not a reimagined album. This is a repress of Ocean Avenue in all its glory. 

The records are finished and on a boat to the states. Once they arrive we’ll get our promo photos up and announce the album properly and go on sale shortly thereafter (probably a week from the official announcement).

Can you confirm how many variants there will be?

4 minutes ago, thedillon said:

They are coming sealed and shrink wrapped 

The question still persists...

I can only imagine how pissed people are going to be when this thing shows up at many customers doors seam split to fuck because it’s 180g and shipped improperly. Jus sayin... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by MyEnemy

Just now, MyEnemy said:

The question still persists...

Lol if they’re sealed and shrink wrapped the records are not shipping outside of the sleeve or the jacket. We print on only upgraded stock jackets so hopefully seam splits will be minimal! Either way, I’m really happy with how the artwork (not cover art) and mock-ups turned out and can’t wait to see it in person!

for more updates just follow our socials! 
@fielddayrecords

1 minute ago, thedillon said:

Lol if they’re sealed and shrink wrapped the records are not shipping outside of the sleeve or the jacket. We print on only upgraded stock jackets so hopefully seam splits will be minimal!

Yes, I am aware how these things work. But what you just told me, right here, is that if someone requests a record be shipped a certain way(if you refer to my initial post, that’s all I asked), you or whatever fulfillment company you use, won’t act on that request because a record is sealed? And that you hope “minimal” damage occurs? There should be no damage if done correctly.

I know y’all go through Second City and they’re really good at honoring requests/notes, and even rectifying situations where something is damaged in transit. But that response... haha

• IndigoHollow changed the title to Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue