Anime soundtracks thread (OST)

As @swisherprice suggested, we should start a specific thread for anime soundtracks.

Here is my list of anime vinyl shops and releases:

1. Tiger lab vinyl - produces only anime LPs. Has a member subscription with US and international delivery. Subscription includes 5 titles, each will contain an exclusive subber-only variant, with alternate silk screened cover art.
  2.  All the anime. As far as I know they resell, not produce. But time to time they have good discounts.
  3. The right stuff. Sometimes they announce exclusive variants (for example Cowboy Bebop)
  4. Milan records. No need to introduce.
  5. CDJapan. Japanese shop with nice selection of anime soundtracks. For example:

You are more than welcome to add more links and discuss.

Worth mentioning that Kevin Penkin does crowdfunding for some of his OSTs. While he doesn't have any current projects up for funding this where to find them when they are up:  https://qrates.com/artists/13017

Hoping he continues pressing the rest of Made In Abyss and possibly Shield Hero.

17 minutes ago, swisherprice said:

I splurged on those Monogatari records last year, love that series so much.

Also, I've gone back and forth on purchasing that Tiger Lab subscription, but really only want HxH and Tokyo Godfathers.

As for me, I decided to ignore subscription because it would cost me 66$ per vinyl. I'm international. Looking forward for Tokyo Godfathers retail variant as well!

9 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

I bought the first season 4xLP colored box, but passed by the second season box set

I've ordered both 4xLP seasons from Right Stuf so far, but was not happy about the price jump for Season 2, really hope Season 3 doesn't jump up again.

10 hours ago, swisherprice said:

I've ordered both 4xLP seasons from Right Stuf so far, but was not happy about the price jump for Season 2, really hope Season 3 doesn't jump up again.

The price jump actually makes sense this time around.  For the season one “special edition”, they were charging $50 more just for a variant and different packaging.  This time, yeah you get a variant and different packaging, but you also get 2 whole extras discs worth of music.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

The price jump actually makes sense this time around.  For the season one “special edition”, they were charging $50 more just for a variant and different packaging.  This time, yeah you get a variant and different packaging, but you also get 2 whole extras discs worth of music.

Yeah you're right, I completely blanked that S1 was actually 3xLP for all versions and the S2 deluxe edition is 5xLP.

6 hours ago, swisherprice said:

Yeah you're right, I completely blanked that S1 was actually 3xLP for all versions and the S2 deluxe edition is 5xLP.

Either way the price jump hurts a bit of course, but at least there’s actual incentive this time.  That’s how the got me at least 😂

4 hours ago, Multiverse said:

I feel like we heard something about an official coming soon?

I don’t remember hearing anything about an official but I think it’d be a pretty big gamble at this point to do an official reissue.  The boots seem to pop back up every other week so at this point I would think that almost everyone who’s wanted this at some point has it now.  If it ends up getting officially reissued, they’d have to bank on most people rebuying it.  Hate to say it, but as someone who does have a boot of it already, I can’t say I’d do it.  They’d have to change something up about it to make it worth it.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:30 AM, Rip said:

I don’t remember hearing anything about an official but I think it’d be a pretty big gamble at this point to do an official reissue.  The boots seem to pop back up every other week so at this point I would think that almost everyone who’s wanted this at some point has it now.  If it ends up getting officially reissued, they’d have to bank on most people rebuying it.  Hate to say it, but as someone who does have a boot of it already, I can’t say I’d do it.  They’d have to change something up about it to make it worth it.

I don’t think so honestly

theres a market for folks who aren’t in the know with boots and also like, I had one and it sounded so bad compared to the official bebop press, I ended up selling it

that difference is enough for me to rebuy an official 

• 2 weeks later...

New Ghibli pre-orders. For the insane prices, as always.

1. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea:
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Ponyo-on-the-Cliff-by-the-Sea-Vinyl-Soundtrack-Import

2. Lupin the 3rd Jam:
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Lupin-the-3rd-Jam-Vinyl-Import

3. The Wind Rises:
https://www.rightstufanime.com/The-Wind-Rises-Vinyl-Soundtrack-Import

4.  The Tale of the Princess Kaguya:
https://www.rightstufanime.com/The-Tale-of-the-Princess-Kaguya-Vinyl-Soundtrack-Import

Edited by IndigoHollow

2 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

That Lupin seems dope af, a bit too rich for my blood but checking it out now

Grabbed the Lupin along with the recent Demon Slayer movie LP from CDJapan a couple weeks ago.  Can’t wait to get those.

Also, Beastars: Season 1 soundtrack goes up for preorder this Friday (19th): https://blog.alltheanime.com/beastars-season-1-soundtrack-vinyl-coming-in-july/?fbclid=IwAR2XefiBKq0tVBfPouUk4NMQnSqMkQpyrqFwrLeyk--aNeLgHilNZFA_G1Q