HUM - Electra 2000 & YPAA Reissues

I've got a 2013 black YPAA SRC pressing.  it's actually not that bad of a pressing, much better than the white copy I had at one point.  The white one as i recall was really snap, crackle and pop.  Got my hands on a black copy and this one is just fine.  I'm certain though this 45rpm version will be far superior in sound, I'll probably ditch the SRC copy once i get this.  What I don't have at all is Electra.  I missed the couple times he had those for sale and was pretty bummed about it, so I'm pretty stoked about having another shot to get that one.

36 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I've got a 2013 black YPAA SRC pressing.  it's actually not that bad of a pressing, much better than the white copy I had at one point.  The white one as i recall was really snap, crackle and pop.  Got my hands on a black copy and this one is just fine.  I'm certain though this 45rpm version will be far superior in sound, I'll probably ditch the SRC copy once i get this.  What I don't have at all is Electra.  I missed the couple times he had those for sale and was pretty bummed about it, so I'm pretty stoked about having another shot to get that one.

That’s the one I had.  It was ok, but basically sounded just like the cd.  

• 7 months later...

From Matt Talbots email just now:

HUM RE-ISSUES: YES, IT’S STILL, STILL HAPPENING…
 The day is here (almost). We’ve entered the actual manufacturing stage with RTI. We’ll likely be taking pre-orders mid-summer, with records shipping before the end of the year. Copies of Inlet, Downward is Heavenward, You’d Prefer and Astronaut, and Electra2000 will be available in both black and a color variant. (So, please, no major appliance purchases or new lawn mowers or anything before that so you can collect ‘em all.) Once the exact pre-order date is set, we’ll shout it from the rooftops. You won’t miss it, promise!

43 minutes ago, INRIhab said:

From Matt Talbots email just now:

The day is here (almost). We’ve entered the actual manufacturing stage with RTI. We’ll likely be taking pre-orders mid-summer, with records shipping before the end of the year. Copies of Inlet, Downward is Heavenward, You’d Prefer and Astronaut, and Electra2000 will be available in both black and a color variant. (So, please, no major appliance purchases or new lawn mowers or anything before that so you can collect ‘em all.) Once the exact pre-order date is set, we’ll shout it from the rooftops. You won’t miss it, promise!

For those of you straining to read that, here's a normal font color variant:

4 hours ago, dapeebs said:

At this point I’d love if they’d do a nice boxset. Regardless, I’m just stoked I’ll be able to own a copy of YPAA. Especially at the sound quality I’d expect from the Inlet and Downward pressings. 

Those are easily some of the best sounding records I own! Hammock’s “Longest Year” might follow in third place.