HUM - Electra 2000 & YPAA Reissues

1 hour ago, ultramidtempo said:

How Matt did the blue DiH was perfect where anyone who wanted one had the chance to purchase it.  Really hope it's the same way for the upcoming represses.

I was a little annoyed that they did a super limited black press in 2018 and acted like it was the only press, and then a year later did a much wider blue press. But at least I have a great-sounding copy! 

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

I was a little annoyed that they did a super limited black press in 2018 and acted like it was the only press, and then a year later did a much wider blue press. But at least I have a great-sounding copy! 

To my knowledge, all presses of DIH – black or blue – sound fantastic.  It is pretty funny that the blue copies (which were much easier to secure) seem to have sold more than the limited black ones, on the aftermarket.  Variant demand too stronk.

Speaking of variants, I'm not sure what Matt is cooking up but I hope he keeps it classy and simple with these new reissues.  Really don't need any crazy swirls, marble, or splatter bullshit.  One-tone colored variants have been my thing for a while now – I'd love to see maybe a white or clear Electra, a green or teal YPAA, and some shade of purple for Inlet.  Maybe that's me being boring, I don't really care.  (Also interested to see if he does another round of the same blue DIH.)  I know these will sound killer regardless of what color they may be.  I'm just casting these out there to see how close or off I am when preorders drop.

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

To my knowledge, all presses of DIH – black or blue – sound fantastic.  It is pretty funny that the blue copies (which were much easier to secure) seem to have sold more than the limited black ones, on the aftermarket.  Variant demand too stronk.

Speaking of variants, I'm not sure what Matt is cooking up but I hope he keeps it classy and simple with these new reissues.  Really don't need any crazy swirls, marble, or splatter bullshit.  One-tone colored variants have been my thing for a while now – I'd love to see maybe a white or clear Electra, a green or teal YPAA, and some shade of purple for Inlet.  Maybe that's me being boring, I don't really care.  (Also interested to see if he does another round of the same blue DIH.)  I know these will sound killer regardless of what color they may be.  I'm just casting these out there to see how close or off I am when preorders drop.

Agreed. Hoping for simple, single transparent colors myself. 

My hopes / guesses:

YPAA - Coke bottle or transparent green. 
Electra - Clear

Downward - Transparent Blue (again)

Inlet - Transparent purple

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, Sad Heart said:

Speaking of Hum, Matt is playing solo shows: https://undertowshows.com/products/richmond-va-june-3

50 cap venues. He’s playing Richmond and I’m really tempted to go. 

Went to the Cincy show and it was one of the most unique experiences ever.  I highly recommend catching one of these shows.  

I chatted with Matt a bit afterwards.  He said most likely a July preorder for the reissues, all going through Polyvinyl.  Some of the holdup has been cost because they’re releasing all 4 albums at the same time.  

I didn’t ask about a Jay print for them or any other details.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:40 PM, ntslash said:

Pretty sure Matt has said since day one that they were going to print copies of the record indefinitely so everyone would be able to get one, but the first run of black actually had a printing error on the track listing so they are actually kind of rare, they also came with a little card signed by Matt explaining the printing error. Maybe that’s why it seemed that it was limited. He had stated the blue version with the corrected track listing would be kept in print indefinitely