Large boxsets that come with thick printed inner sleeves instead of dust sleeves

Question for anyone that has boxsets. Let me begin by saying that I'm not a fan of printed inner sleeves. They look cool but I cringe at the thought of storing my records in them with no dust sleeve / poly-lined anti-static sleeves. If anyone else feels the same way, how and where do you store your printed inner sleeves assuming they won't fit into the actual box alongside your records? 

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:09

For standard LPs or even double LPs I'll just throw the printed inner sleeve in the back of the polybag, but obviously with a 14 LP set I don't have that luxury so they're in their own thick plastic bag on the shelf with the boxset (the physical LPs are in the boxset). Is this how most people do it? 

Edited by prowl20
grammatical

Ads accidentally censored your post, so I'll show the hidden part:

For standard LPs or even double LPs I'll just throw the printed inner sleeve in the back of the polybag, but obviously with a 14 LP set I don't have that luxury so they're in their own thick plastic bag on the shelf with the boxset (the physical LPs are in the boxset). Is this how most people do it?

I usually just line my printed inner sleeves with a mofi sleeve then put the record in. Done it with hundreds of records, even when a sleeve is already split the mofi sleeve inside stops the split from spreading. I feel like this way takes up next to no extra space and preserves the presentation perfectly. I've had maybe 1 or 2 sleeves that didn't fit the mofi sleeve inside overall.

1 hour ago, Shelby American said:

I usually just line my printed inner sleeves with a mofi sleeve then put the record in. Done it with hundreds of records, even when a sleeve is already split the mofi sleeve inside stops the split from spreading. I feel like this way takes up next to no extra space and preserves the presentation perfectly. I've had maybe 1 or 2 sleeves that didn't fit the mofi sleeve inside overall.

I’ll have to look into some mofi sleeves. Should I just stick with Bags Unlimited or do you know a guy? ;) 

Also, thank you @IndigoHollownot sure why half of it got censored with ads :( 

I use Mofi/QRP sleeves and put them in the pocket alongside the printed sleeve.  The printed inners go in between the gatefold if they don't fit with the new sleeves (rarely).

Buying in bulk is your best option. QRP sleeves are the exact same as Mofi, but Mofi charges more for a diferent namestamp. $10 to ship, but still cheaper than $20/50pk mofi. I recently bought 1500 - AS ships them loose in their big record boxes.

250 QRP

500 QRP

1000 QRP

21 hours ago, Shelby American said:

I really like these: (100) 12" Record Inner Sleeves - 3-Layers of Archival Quality, Anti-Static HDPE with Rice Paper Enclosed Insert for Extra Rigidity #12IM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MPL2QGD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JU4dGbN27Y5DT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They’re as good as MoFi but a little cheaper. 100 for $25 compared to 50 for $20. Helps when you’re needing to change out hundreds of discs at once. 

9 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I really like these: (100) 12" Record Inner Sleeves - 3-Layers of Archival Quality, Anti-Static HDPE with Rice Paper Enclosed Insert for Extra Rigidity #12IM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MPL2QGD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JU4dGbN27Y5DT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They’re as good as MoFi but a little cheaper. 100 for $25 compared to 50 for $20. Helps when you’re needing to change out hundreds of discs at once. 

Would using rice paper anti-static (or Mofi) sleeves be a good deterrent for avoiding splitting seams if I were to place these in printed inner sleeves? That's one of my worries (scratching the record aside) when using printed inner sleeves in general. I'm just wondering how "rigid" these are compared to standard dust sleeves. I've seen rice paper sleeves before and the lack of rigidness worries me sometimes, that's why I ask :)

Edited by prowl20

On 1/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, Sad Heart said:

Ordered some and they came in today. I tried using them on that 14 LP boxset with the printed inner sleeves and it's a hair too thick to close now. Oh well, I tried. At least I have a bunch of hi-quality sleeves now haha

27 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Ordered some and they came in today. I tried using them on that 14 LP boxset with the printed inner sleeves and it's a hair too thick to close now. Oh well, I tried. At least I have a bunch of hi-quality sleeves now haha

Itll close if you put them inside the printed inners rather than next to them.

15 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

Itll close if you put them inside the printed inners rather than next to them.

I tried and it didn't. It was about half a cm too packed. It's fine, at least I have some better quality anti-static sleeves now.

Here's the boxset I'm referencing. It also comes with a huge 100 page book. (Yes, the book fits into the boxset if I were to just shove the records into the printed inner sleeves but I'm not a monster and refuse to do that to my records)

spacer.png

On 1/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, Sad Heart said:

I’ve been using these for a bunch of records lately. The reviews say that some people had a few defective ones in there but I haven’t come across any yet in 200+