Looking For a Name!

cammm

Hello, my name is Cam. I am firstly a fairly new collector of vinyl (started the addiction about 3 years ago). 

I have since become quite addicted and dedicated a room in my house for everything and anything vinyl. 

With that said my one gripe is over the few years is customer service with companies in this market, As well as pricing. 

With that said I'll cut to the chase and say a college of mine that originally introduced me to this vinyl addiction and myself wanted to try to fill what we see as a gap here with a company that has realistic prices, amazing and unique product selection and sells everything and anything related as well all with lifetime warranties and amazing customer service. that really cares as enthusiasts ourselves. 

I'm posting because while we have designers, engineers and manufacturers working around the clock and launch looming we have yet to agree on a name, so here is our 10, help us out by letting us know your favorite!!

Needle Drop Audio
Drop The Needle
Noisy Stylus
Off The Groove Audio
Flip Side Audio
Heightened Vinyl  
Vinyl Creations 
HiFi Vinyl
Flip Side Records or Vinyl 
Needle drop Creations 

Thank You!

I generally find that most companies in this industry have good customer service. There are a few bad apples out there, but most are excellent about shipping and returns. 

Like others, I am also confused about what exactly your business will be selling. Also, with your proposed value proposition of "good customer service and excellent prices" you will be in direct competition against Amazon. Unless you have some big Series A funding, you should probably come up with a different business model. 

49 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

It really amazes me people always go on about pricing of vinyl today when vinyl has NEVER been cheap, generally adjusted for inflation the 1970s prices were not that different to now for regular releases.

Genuine question: wasn’t vinyl cheap during the ‘90s and ‘00s when demand was at its lowest? I started collecting in ‘08 because prices seemed reasonable compared to CDs, which were increasing in price. Scouring around for out of print stuff, I was surprised to find how cheap the original releases were. I’d kill to have had access to a Hot Topic ten years ago, for example.

Maybe I’m just bitter because I’m in Canada and the average price of a new record is 40 bucks. 

2 hours ago, craigeduk said:

It really amazes me people always go on about pricing of vinyl today when vinyl has NEVER been cheap, generally adjusted for inflation the 1970s prices were not that different to now for regular releases.

From 1970 to now I agree. When looking at the last 10 years I don't agree. It's definitely because of the demand in the last decade and trying to increase profit margins which is totally fair. I used to get new, regular price LPs for $12-14 all the time from labels like Topshelf and No Sleep from 2010-2013. CDs were usually $10-15 regular price at the time for a full length from just about any artist or label. Now it's rare to see a single LP under $20. It's made me sell off a lot of my collection in the last couple of years and I don't buy as many records as I used to. I had a few records I bought for $15 just 3 years ago and different people offered me $100-150 for each. The market has totally changed and also people are crazy lol.

4 hours ago, Uw0tm8 said:

Genuine question: wasn’t vinyl cheap during the ‘90s and ‘00s when demand was at its lowest? I started collecting in ‘08 because prices seemed reasonable compared to CDs, which were increasing in price. Scouring around for out of print stuff, I was surprised to find how cheap the original releases were. I’d kill to have had access to a Hot Topic ten years ago, for example.

Maybe I’m just bitter because I’m in Canada and the average price of a new record is 40 bucks. 

It defeinetly was, the lower prices back then were one of the reasons I got into the format; spend a few bucks more than a digital copy and get something tangible in return.

26 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

It defeinetly was, the lower prices back then were one of the reasons I got into the format; spend a few bucks more than a digital copy and get something tangible in return.

I absolutely love the tangible aspect of collecting. The packaging is worth as much to me as the music sometimes. My 400 records are more special than my 22,000 song iTunes library.