PO Now: Youth Code - A Skeleton Key in the Doors of Depression Out March 9th

Youth Code just posted the first single from their new record out March 9th.

Definitely one of my most anticipated records of the year.

This will most likely be out on Dais:

https://www.daisrecords.com/collections/youth-code

or Kings Road:
https://kingsroadmerch.com/youth-code/

Yes! Been a fuckin minute, even though I know they’d been working on stuff for a couple years.

Strangely, I have a feeling this won’t be on Dias. This and the last single they’ve put out themselves. Which means they’re releasing it out on their own or they moved up to a bigger label. Or I could be absolutely wrong. Either way, excited.

40 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yes! Been a fuckin minute, even though I know they’d been working on stuff for a couple years.

Strangely, I have a feeling this won’t be on Dias. This and the last single they’ve put out themselves. Which means they’re releasing it out on their own or they moved up to a bigger label. Or I could be absolutely wrong. Either way, excited.

Oddly I haven't heard anything from Dais about this, so you may be right. We will have to wait and see 

from the press release:

Today Portland artist King Yosef and LA duo Youth Code have announced a new collaborative LP, A Skeleton Key in the Doors of Depression which they will self-release on March 9, 2021. They have shared the album's first single / video "Burner" over at Revolver.

From the Revolver premiere:
All of us here at Revolver HQ were extremely stoked when we heard that L.A. EBM duo Youth Code and Portland trap-metal producer King Yosef had teamed up for a collaborative album. We've been fans of both separately for a while now, and the idea of a joint effort had us figuratively salivating. The LP, excellently titled A Skeleton Key in the Doors of Depression, isn't due out till March 9th, but today (January 29th), we're proud to present the exclusive world premiere of lead single "Burner" and it's captivating, lo-fi music video. The song is a dark, hard-hitting industrial banger of the highest order, driven by pulsating beats and abrasive vocals to an almost shockingly hooky chorus, the eye of a swirling storm. Listen and watch above.

"The video for 'Burner' puts into perspective the duality of our everyday personas dissected into light and shadow," Youth Code's Sara Taylor tells us. "The constant state of monotony and struggle can lead us to a breaking point within ourselves, and to a path where we might not realize that the actual problem needing to be addressed is us as humans instead of what surrounds us. Is it nature or nurture? What if we are simply being challenged by something we can't actually see? This song's lyrics and visuals are a testament of challenge, and we hope you enjoy them."

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Went with the Orange.

I feel if you have a bundle with a shirt, don't be lazy and slap the album art on the shirt. 

Just expecting something more unique for a vinyl shirt bundle, especially if it's out of 100

Yeah. That shirt is dumb. Probably will just get orange.

• jhulud changed the title to PO Now: Youth Code - A Skeleton Key in the Doors of Depression Out March 9th

I gotta say one thing about this collab LP...prompted me to check out King Yosef...and fuckin' hell...so good. I guess he falls into the Trap Rap producer category...but to me, listening to the stuff that's on Spotify, it's more like industrial for nowadays. And it falls in line with what Youth Code have been doing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...