PO: Really From - ST

Vinyl pressing information is on the product page. If you haven't checked them out before, it's good good stuff.

first press:
/250 - Transparent Red
/150 - 180g Black
/94 - Transparent Yellow

https://topshelfrecords.limitedrun.com/products/691578

Edited by MCDELTAT

• 2 weeks later...
  • MCDELTAT changed the title to PO: Really From - ST
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

I keep forgetting this is the new name for a band I like. I also get curious each time I read an interview where they say they had to change their name but can’t say why.

I'm also curious. I asked one friend who knows people who know the band and we both think it's just a copyright issue and nothing big. There's a band from New Hampshire with the name People Like You who may have trademarked the name.

I have a friend who started the band Entropy out of Pennsylvania and he said it was a pain to trademark but worth it to make sure he didn't have to change the name. There's another band called Entropy out of NY that has to go by Entropy NY. Same deal with what happened with Kublai Khan TX versus the 80's thrash band Kublai Khan.

Would love to know as well. I recall when they changed it they said on social to someone 'We don't want to talk about it...' (bad memory + paraphrasing). I don't know if it's rude to do so, but I went out of my way to grab a copy of the first LP with the old name on it. I think Topshelf was only half way sold through on that pressing so they just threw out the jackets, but stores they shipped to still had them.

17 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I keep forgetting this is the new name for a band I like. I also get curious each time I read an interview where they say they had to change their name but can’t say why.

This all happened when I was still working for TSR. From what I remember it was a simple C&D from some shitty folk band. We still had stock of Verse and just sold through it. The second pressing had updated jackets, center labels and inserts. Don’t think they repressed the cassette and I’m almost certain the CDs that are in stock are still the PLY versions. Didn’t have to throw anything away.