PO: Spirit of the Beehive - Entertainment, Death

The new Spirit of the Beehive LP on Saddle Creek was just announced and it looks like they have at least 3 variants so far.
I scooped a copy from the label because Saddle Creek is awesome and I liked the marble variant.

Edit (thx @dantheriver)

Saddle Creek

https://saddle-creek.com/products/entertainment-death

Bandcamp

https://spiritofthebeehive.bandcamp.com/album/entertainment-death

The single rips and I am so psyched for the full album
https://youtu.be/UbcThup3lgA

Edited by bluethumb

On 2/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, rabbitvinyl said:

I loved Hypnic Jerks but going to wait it out a bit before placing a pre-order! Lead single is a bit too much, not a huge fan of the heavy bits. Beautiful cover art though.  

I hear that. It's funny because the song starts and ends in such a different place and I think that's what drew me in—I have been a fan of everything prior so I'm interested to see how this sound fits in the context of the album.

Edited by bluethumb

4 hours ago, bluethumb said:

I hear that. It's funny because the song starts and ends in such a different place and I think that's what drew me in—I have been a fan of everything prior so I'm interested to see how this sound fits in the context of the album.

Exactly why I dug the song so much too. Through the first third I was like yeah I can vibe to this and then I just had to punch a hole through a wall Kyle style by the end. Hell yeah haha

19 hours ago, Shelby American said:

Exactly why I dug the song so much too. Through the first third I was like yeah I can vibe to this and then I just had to punch a hole through a wall Kyle style by the end. Hell yeah haha

Totally, and at first I was thinking this is such a weird sound for Saddle Creek. Thinking back though I remember some pretty Angsty McAngstypants moments through the early Cursive catalog, and even Conor has been know to belt it out (a la Desaparecidos). Here's to hoping the walls in your place survive the full album!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I’ve been sleeping on this band for years. I definitely have been fucking up.

If anyone finds a store with the indie exclusive, please help ya boy out and send over that link. TY!

Could only find a Euro store. If you're down I'll PM you the link

1 hour ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Could only find a Euro store. If you're down I'll PM you the link

Totally. Yeah it was sold out at every store I checked tonight. I’ll see how much it is and see what’s up. Thank you.

Also, if this was delayed a week, I’m guessing my local store won’t have it until next week? Gonna go check tomorrow either way.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...