Orbit? Super clean, easy to use, first vinyl? Canada

I am building a new office, and I want to have a super clean, cool looking, high quality vinyl player to chill and listen to music.

Is that too much to ask 😉

I am in Canada so the orbit is a bit hard to get, but I can pay an extra $60 usd and get it, is it worth it? They suggested the plus and a2 speakers.

I dig the green orbit, looks great and the white speakers are cool.

Would this be adequate for great sound in a small 9x12 office, and a solid first vinyl experience? I want to chill in a chair and listen to some great music.

Thanks!

My two cents is that I've had mine since backing the Kickstarter campaign and in the (8?) years since getting it I've had two technical problems. In both cases, they troubleshot it over email with replies very frequent and timely and they provided me with replacement parts to bring my table up to speed given improvements they'd made to the design over the years. So, that said I can't tell you it's the BEST table out there, BUT my experience has been nothing short of amazing and something is to be said for good customer service.

I bought an Orbit Plus in August of 2018 and I love it. I had to replace the stylus back in the fall, and had some alignment challenges, and like was said U-Turn was easy to communicate with through email. The only thing I don't like about the turntable is manually moving the belt from 33 to 45 rpm--sometimes it falls off and doesn't go back on as easily as I would like.

That setup will be more than enough for a room that size. 

I've had an Orbit Special with 2M Red for a little over two years now, and have nothing but nice things to say about the turntable and the company. 

The only issue I have had was a weird hum, which I attributed to a grounding issue, as it would stop when I touched the tonearm. After a few quick emails, they sent me a nicer pair of RCA cables, and a ground wire that goes from the white RCA to an outlet in the wall, which fixed it. Super friendly support staff too! As Alan said, the belt can be a little annoying, mainly when trying to go from 45 back to 33, as it stretches out a bit. Only takes like a minute to contract back to the original size though, so its not a deal breaker IMO.

Yeah the belt can be funky to deal with, BUT after you do it enough times you figure out the best technique that works for yourself... if you feel stumped DM me and I'll try to articulate it. As far as stretching goes, I tend to leave mine off entirely when I'm not using it so it can naturally contract a little.