Her OST (Arcade Fire & Owen Pallet)

CeCeCe

Got mine today! It is also more of a gold/red swirl.

In other news for Canadian shipping minutiae, DHL handed the record over to Final Mile shipping at the border. That means I didn't have to pay additional duty for clearing the border! I got dinged on every single Mondo order in 2020 and it was like $50 for the Batman the Animated Series Volume 2 box set. Happy to not shell out another $20 for this one. Hope this is the new standard for Mondo.

Edited by Subdomestic

My Mondo copy of Her is pretty heavy on the surface noise. Constant light surface noise. I've wet cleaned the thing twice now, and no improvement. Also kinda warped and a big fat seam split across the top of the jacket. The record is pretty though. ha ha. 

How does everyone's copies sound? Do you have surface noise as well?

11 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

My Mondo copy of Her is pretty heavy on the surface noise. Constant light surface noise. I've wet cleaned the thing twice now, and no improvement. Also kinda warped and a big fat seam split across the top of the jacket. The record is pretty though. ha ha. 

How does everyone's copies sound? Do you have surface noise as well?

Did you wet clean it before you played it to begin with? It's an MPO pressing which is generally one of the better plants out there to the point where I get excited seeing their stamp on the dead wax. Hopefully this is an isolated instance.

1 hour ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Did you wet clean it before you played it to begin with? It's an MPO pressing which is generally one of the better plants out there to the point where I get excited seeing their stamp on the dead wax. Hopefully this is an isolated instance.

Yeah, I clean all my albums before I spin them. I have another similar variant, this marbled translucent style vinyl pressed at MPO, and it too is heavy on the surface noise. It's the Drive soundtrack on gold vinyl. Generally speaking, MPO is pretty good, I agree.

34 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Yeah, I clean all my albums before I spin them. I have another similar variant, this marbled translucent style vinyl pressed at MPO, and it too is heavy on the surface noise. It's the Drive soundtrack on gold vinyl. Generally speaking, MPO is pretty good, I agree.

Ugh that sucks I actually have the exact same variant from the recent Cowboy Bebop release (picture not mine but it's def the same mix pressed at MPO) that sounds incredible. Seems like you're unlucky 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMfG86SMR0Y/?igshid=11ltzvoqjugga

18 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Ugh that sucks I actually have the exact same variant from the recent Cowboy Bebop release (picture not mine but it's def the same mix pressed at MPO) that sounds incredible. Seems like you're unlucky 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMfG86SMR0Y/?igshid=11ltzvoqjugga

Good to know. I reached out,to Mondo. Maybe I'll be able to swap my copy for a different one, if they have any left.

9 hours ago, wuhanclan said:

pretty heavy surface noise on the red. is the white any better?

Spun the 1st side of my White copy and its all fine, no surface noise apart from a few patches of low level on track 3

Edit: Second side has quite a bit of surface noise after the 1st 2 tracks

Edited by craigeduk

12 hours ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Screenshot-20210321-222816-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20210321-222731-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20210321-222911-Chrome.jpg

People will loudly complain more than praise but there's still plenty of praise. I've got two copies coming tomorrow let's see how it goes.

Yeah, seems like a mixed bag. I've also heard from another person that their local record store warned them about buying the pressing because feedback from their customers consisted of complaints  about surface noise. I hope you have better luck with your copies. 

I opened my Mondo copy first and my god what a dirty record. It was basically coated in white shit from the printed inner sleeve. Did indeed sound noisy as hell before a cleaning, but I think it's a serviceable pressing now. Clear Newbury copy was the same deal.

Also, now that I've heard this in full it would actually NEED the most perfect pressing imaginable to sound completely flawless. Some parts are just so quiet and delicate where you really can't expect to hear zero noise but I can also see how a noisy pressing would ruin the experience.