Her OST (Arcade Fire & Owen Pallet)

CeCeCe

Seems like this is a crapshoot across all pressings. My Mondo copy is actually really good. A few crackles here and there but mostly quiet with no warp. The Newbury clear is not good. Surface noise gets really bad starting with track 2, side 2, and it's got these random moments of distortion throughout. Like for a few seconds it sounds like the needle trapped a bunch of lint or something.

1 hour ago, ThunderPantz said:

Seems like this is a crapshoot across all pressings. My Mondo copy is actually really good. A few crackles here and there but mostly quiet with no warp. The Newbury clear is not good. Surface noise gets really bad starting with track 2, side 2, and it's got these random moments of distortion throughout. Like for a few seconds it sounds like the needle trapped a bunch of lint or something.

Mine was the same on the first spin but after a wipe, it’s perfect. 

7 hours ago, deftbarley said:

Mine was the same on the first spin but after a wipe, it’s perfect. 

Yours had the distortion and a good clean got rid of it? Im waiting on new fluid so I haven't been able to give it a proper clean. I've had static heavy records before, looking at you Lakeshore Hellraiser, but never heard distortion like this.

8 hours ago, ThunderPantz said:

Yours had the distortion and a good clean got rid of it? Im waiting on new fluid so I haven't been able to give it a proper clean. I've had static heavy records before, looking at you Lakeshore Hellraiser, but never heard distortion like this.

Correct. So much that I thought it was maybe a part of the song. It was so prominent. Listened to the digital version, no distortion. Checked the needle as it was playing expecting a hair or something but it was clean. Let the record complete. Wiped it down and put it away. Took it out the next time and wiped it down and it was perfect no distortion at all.

36 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

2nd copy of Mondo version arrived. Wet cleaned with water and isopropyl. Surface noise throughout album.  Single channel distortion and farts during numerous songs. This 2nd copy is even more warped than my first copy. Such a bummer. 

Ill wash it a few more times and hope for the best. 

No wonder... care to share with us how you're diluting that?

2 hours ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

No wonder... care to share with us how you're diluting that?

FFS, that's not the issue.  A capful of 99% iso in a basin of distilled water hasn't hurt anything in the 15 years I've been buying records. But apparently that's the issue here with this release, right? It's a shitty pressing from MPO, across all variants. See the poor reviews pile up online.

46 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

FFS, that's not the issue.  A capful of 99% iso in a basin of distilled water hasn't hurt anything in the 15 years I've been buying records. But apparently that's the issue here with this release, right? It's a shitty pressing from MPO, across all variants. See the poor reviews pile up online.

Eh, you need a record vacuum to properly clean with alcohol because it dries too quick. If you have a record vacuum it's nearly pointless to wet clean new records unless you've already figured out it has some sort of residue... I see your username everywhere on discogs (usually complaining about surface noise) touting your very expensive setup, maybe don't use a solution you made for free from stuff lying around the house and just buy something made for it. Wouldn't  hurt.

23 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Eh, you need a record vacuum to properly clean with alcohol because it dries too quick. If you have a record vacuum it's nearly pointless to wet clean new records unless you've already figured out it has some sort of residue... I see your username everywhere on discogs (usually complaining about surface noise) touting your very expensive setup, maybe don't use a solution you made for free from stuff lying around the house and just buy something made for it. Wouldn't  hurt.

Thanks for the education! Of my all my reviews on discogs, how many are about surface noise? Seems like you just looked up my profile and read my recent review for Phoebe Bridgers Punisher, an album known to have issues. 

11 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Thanks for the education! Of my all my reviews on discogs, how many are about surface noise? Seems like you just looked up my profile and read my recent review for Phoebe Bridgers Punisher, an album known to have issues. 

You're welcome. I know it seems like common sense but I'm glad to help. Lemme know what solution you end up going with.

• 4 weeks later...