PO Now - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)

45 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Listening to it this morning. I'm not happy about the fact that I can't straight-up just sit and enjoy it...instead I'm listening to find the differences and faults in it. It's not helping that I've had a shitbag week so far...

I never listened to this before. My first album was red so this just feels like a new bunch of songs. 

Enjoying it more than I thought I would. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just arrived. Fine enough. Wish there were inserts for lyrics or at least picture sleeves. Basic direct to board sleeve, triple foldout. They must have taken the CD booklet pages for the inner gatefold and crammed everything on those 3 fold outs. Its very packed. 

Vinyl is gold, not tan. 

[deep breath] Taylor Swift albums on vinyl just don't sound that good.

It's not her fault, it's just the nature of the recording (digital realm) and the cutting (hi-res digital files). Unless you have a genius doing the mastering, like a Kevin Gray or Chris Bellman, you're gonna get that flat, "digital on vinyl" sound. I don't think her target audience particularly notices or cares.... But I'm also on the Hoffman boards, and the FolkEverMore records got a LOT of those older guys into Swifty-T. And they bought the vinyl, expecting SQ like a great Joni Mitchell 70s cut. (Or a great Kevin Gray AAA Joni reissue.) 

Aaaaand.... The FolkEverMore records aren't that. They're GOOD by Taylor standards, but if you mostly listen to 100% analog cuts from the 60s/70s/80s, you can tell the difference. I was a bit disappointed, honestly.

But I learned my lesson after selling the 1989 RSD cuz the SQ sucked. MAN that thing appreciated. So I'm hanging onto Folklore for collectibility, and maybe I'll be tempted by a red vinyl of the Red 4LP (my favorite TS along with 1989)..... but it's too bad these records don't sound better on wax.