Elkhorn - Southern Star out 3/5

ANNOUNCE!

Very excited & humbled to share that our next release is by the mighty Elkhorn! “Southern Star” is limited to just 200 cassettes and will be available to purchase on Bandcamp Friday, March 5th. You can listen to the lead track now.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/wh050-southern-star

Southern Star features six live tracks taken from Elkhorn’s winter 2020 tour, and showcases the duo’s collaborative spirit with special guest spots from Mike Gangloff (Pelt), Nate Scheible, Harmonica Dan & Ken Brenniger, Jordan Perry and Eight Point Star.

Southern Star is especially poignant, as not only is it WH catalog number 50(!), but it also helps us ring in our 9th anniversary of being a label! Additionally, their gig at the great, yet sadly now-shuttered Black Swan Books & Music in Staunton VA, was one of the only shows I attended in 2020 before the pandemic set in, and I spent a good deal of time in quarantine with their two Storm Sessions releases from last year - both highly recommended. Deep gratitude to Jesse & Drew for their willingness to ride with WH, and for helping us celebrate our birthday in style!

• 1 month later...