PO Now! Manchester Orchestra - The Million Masks of God

mrewest

I have been listening to the album non-stop, and while enjoying it, I do find it quite the step down from "A Black Mile..." And I am SO frustrated I don't have the record in hand; still no update on my Second City Prints order--and I only ordered the new album! Wishing I had pre-ordered from a different vendor.

12 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

Second City Prints can get fucked.  Ship my shit.

FWIW, Second City is having delays across the board. My Kevin Devine is in limbo, as is my Craft Small Batch of Yusef Lateef (Second City manages the Craft store).   Seems like everyone's stuff is reading stuck in Fox Valley, IL.  On top of that, USPS media mail is slowing down again - there are several topics on the steve hoffman forums about it. 

Edited by nate_8907
spell

18 minutes ago, nate_8907 said:

FWIW, Second City is having delays across the board. My Kevin Devine is in limbo, as is my Craft Small Batch of Yusef Lateef (Second City manages the Craft store).   Seems like everyone's stuff is reading stuck in Fox Valley, IL.  On top of that, USPS media mail is slowing down again - there are several topics on the steve hoffman forums about it. 

My Kevin Devine is also stuck. Has nobody from Second City said anything? This is almost as bad as a dinged corner. 

Pretty insane that I ordered 4 variants of this album from 3 different retailers and none of them have arrived to me yet.

Here's Second City's response:

Misty (Second City Prints)

May 5, 2021, 3:00 PM CDT

Hi there, thank you so much for your patience.

This was shipped and has left the building. USPS is extremely delayed across the map right now, causing delays in scanning and shipping. Media Mail has no given time frame per USPS right now, but we are seeing them delivered within 2-6 weeks. Additionally, Media Mail often will not update tracking as frequently as other shipping classes.

We understand how frustrating this is, and we are so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. With the state of USPS right now, we are doing the best we can with the information provided directly from USPS. We kindly ask that you allow additional time for USPS to catch up. If it has been past 45 days since the shipment date, please let us know and we will figure out the best course of action for your order.

We truly appreciate your patience here!

Misty
Customer Support

Mine is finally arriving next week after sitting for a week 😣

May 6, 2021, 9:54 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 6, 2021, 8:39 am 
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility 
BATAVIA, IL 60510  

April 26, 2021, 5:17 pm 
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending 
FOX VALLEY, IL 60599  

April 23, 2021, 8:57 pm 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
BATAVIA, IL 60510  

6 hours ago, januarytwenty said:

Mine is finally arriving next week after sitting for a week 😣

May 6, 2021, 9:54 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 6, 2021, 8:39 am 
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility 
BATAVIA, IL 60510  

April 26, 2021, 5:17 pm 
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending 
FOX VALLEY, IL 60599  

April 23, 2021, 8:57 pm 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
BATAVIA, IL 60510  

Same deal here. Luckily I was able to pick up a B&N variant locally. My store ended up getting copies, surprisingly.

4 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Pardon me if this should be obvious, but what is the difference in the packaging/vinyl of the deluxe vs. standard issues of this album? I haven’t been able to find anything other than a $10-12 price difference. 
Thanks in advance. 

Glow in the dark cover, from what I can tell.

1 hour ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Damn, I should have grabbed the Deluxe as well.

Considering how Second City botched my order and how I have no idea when/if I'll ever get the Deluxe, I found it on Amazon and ordered today. The Pink/White Deluxe is $31.49:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VYD6SFG?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

9 hours ago, rcafilm said:

My deluxe copy came in, looks great and sounds a touch noisy at times but otherwise great. However, I couldn't find any download card in the packaging nor did I see anything on my online order page?

I wondered this too. I could’ve sworn it came with a download code but didn’t get anything. I sent them an email. 

6 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Got a response just saying they don’t come with a DL code. Was hoping they might just slip me one. ☹️

Wow, that's pretty crappy. I also emailed them earlier today, I suppose I'll hear the same thing. I feel pretty strongly that if I pay $36 for a first run record I should probably not have to pay another $10 for a digital copy.

1 hour ago, rcafilm said:

Wow, that's pretty crappy. I also emailed them earlier today, I suppose I'll hear the same thing. I feel pretty strongly that if I pay $36 for a first run record I should probably not have to pay another $10 for a digital copy.

It’s funny, it’s always the smaller bands/labels who are happy to provide the DL code if you ask, then the ones who sell several thousand copies of different variants couldn’t possibly. 

On 5/11/2021 at 11:00 PM, aharderharmony said:

Just got mine today. It's also a gatefold. Has a glossy finish which is different from the non-deluxe releases.

Also the deluxe had an “alternate” track list written backwards on the back in glow in the dark lettering. It seems that it may be hinting at a companion album