PO Soon: Daphne Loves Derby - On The Strength Of All Convinced

corey.

Been working on pressing this for quite some time via my label Near Mint. An all time favorite from the early 2000's, hope some of ya'll are as excited as I am. Pressing info below, and a link to sign up when it goes live 3/1 - It's expected to sell out very quick based on the response we got Monday when announcing it, so definitely don't sleep on this one! Also if you're into this release, I just pressed Sherwood and Danger: Radio on vinyl and am also working on some others that are from the same era!

NMR055_BlueMarble.jpg

Order Link: http://www.wearenearmint.com/products/693684-daphne-loves-derby-on-the-strength-of-all-convinced

Pressing Info:

25 GITD Label Burst (Wax Mage)
50 Party Monster (Wax Mage)
200 Powder Blue Marble
300 Coke Bottle Clear w/ Yellow Smoke
20 Test Presses w/ Screen Printed Jackets
68 Japanese Obi-Strips

Edited by corey.

Very excited for this. Definitely brings me back to the mid 2000's (... And my early twenties) haha.

Miss band like this, Sherwood, Number One Fan, Jamison parker and This Day and Age to name a few. Serious nostalgic feels. 

Saw them open for The Rocket Summer back in 2006 they were great! 

Any plans on pressing Closing Down the Pattern Department, or their early acoustic stuff? 

Edited by INRIhab

7 hours ago, INRIhab said:

Miss band like this, Sherwood, Number One Fan, Jamison parker and This Day and Age to name a few. Serious nostalgic feels. 

Any plans on pressing Closing Down the Pattern Department, or their early acoustic stuff? 

I just pressed Sherwood's 2004 EP, still like 100 copies availale.

I can't say for sure if I'll be pressing Closing down the pattern department or the acoustic EP, but it's definitely possible and I'm going to try. This one took a while to work out so if it's all I get, then I'd still be happy haha.

Edited by corey.

4 hours ago, CamK said:

Extremely excited about this. Any chance you set up an option to buy all of the variants in one bundle? Not necessarily for a discounted price, but so we don’t miss out on a version while in the checkout process for the others...

I did consider it, I might do a few, but tbh it's going to be a crazy drop either way. I could only set up so many bundles, to leave copies for people who just one one of the /25 or /50 variants for instance, or really just want ANY copy. And all of the variants are going to go very fast.

I am allowing variant collectors to get one of every variant though, if they're able to check out in time, at a minimum

Limited Run typically holds your record in your cart for you once you add it. It can however glitch out in high traffic situations, but we'll see.

Edited by corey.

3 hours ago, corey. said:

I just pressed Sherwood's 2004 EP, still like 100 copies availale.

I can't say for sure if I'll be pressing Closing down the pattern department or the acoustic EP, but it's definitely possible and I'm going to try. This one took a while to work out so if it's all I get, then I'd still be happy haha.

Well you're definitely doing us a service getting some underrated/nostalgic jams on wax for us! It's very much appreciated! 

12 hours ago, INRIhab said:

Very excited for this. Definitely brings me back to the mid 2000's (... And my early twenties) haha.

Saw them open for The Rocket Summer back in 2006 they were great! 

Haven't been this pumped about a release in a very long time.  Hell yes!

Also, Number One Fan's Compromises is the most underrated record from this era in my opinion.  I listened to it again a few weeks ago and it's still great.  I would legit help fund this record getting pressed.

Edited by anchorclose

On 2/20/2021 at 8:11 PM, anchorclose said:

Also, Number One Fan's Compromises is the most underrated record from this era in my opinion.  I listened to it again a few weeks ago and it's still great.  I would legit help fund this record getting pressed.

Same. 

I was fortunate enough to see them live back in 2005, pretty sure it was with Anberlin, Midtown and The Juliana Theory. "Sorry" and "The Distance" are some jams that get played on the regular! 

Edited by INRIhab

How many "OG" fans are in here that remembers the music that put DLD on that map that would also like to see that on vinyl?

Yes, I know they have other great releases too, but I'm trying to gauge interest on starting from the bottom up

https://jasoncall.bandcamp.com/album/2003-lp1-self-titled

2 minutes ago, corey. said:

How many "OG" fans are in here that remembers the music that put DLD on that map that would also like to see that on vinyl?

Yes, I know they have other great releases too, but I'm trying to gauge interest on starting from the bottom up

I never cared about this band but I LOVED "Come Winter" and downloaded it off of Myspace back in the day.

16 minutes ago, corey. said:

Id buy it. I remember downloading everything I could from purevolume. So many great songs. 

I used to play shows with Daphne loves derby, they were from the same local scene as my band in high school. 

i was going to support this but then i saw @corey.belittle the fuck out of some dude on facebook for asking a basic question, so im out. business owners bullying and belittling people aint fucking cool, IMO. 

im sure the release will do just fine though! 

12 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

i was going to support this but then i saw @corey.belittle the fuck out of some dude on facebook for asking a basic question, so im out. business owners bullying and belittling people aint fucking cool, IMO.

The dude was trying to tell me to give out the wax mage variants randomly and other ideas that I didn't think were necessary. It's something the band and I worked out for a while so I didn't think it was necessary to listen to his demands and he continued to talk shit. But alrighty! :)

Edited by corey.