The Juliana Theory - A Dream Away PREORDER - Up now!

rrd

http://www.adreamaway.shop/

Picture Disc Vinyl LP • Limited to 222 (SOLD OUT)
Black w/ White Petal Vinyl LP • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
White w/ Black & Red Splatter Vinyl LP • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
White/Black Marble Vinyl LP • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
Black + Bone Petals • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
Oxblood + Bone Spinner W/ Oxblood • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
Oxblood + Bone Petals • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
Black + Oxblood Mix • Limited to 100 (SOLD OUT)
Solid Bone • Limited to 100

“A Dream Away” is a collection of some of our most well-known songs completely reworked, along with one new song because we just felt like it fit. This album grew organically out of our recent acoustic tour.  Reimagining our songs with intimate arrangements that were sometimes quite different from their original recordings breathed new life into these songs and we really enjoyed the experience of watching the expressions in your eyes each night when we started our set and you weren’t quite sure what song it was just yet.  Then that spark of recognition and excitement hit when “Watch Your Mouth!” came in and everyone was singing along by the third word.  When you all came to talk to us every night we were always asked if we would record this set and release it.  Those talks and that tour became the album’s foundation and then we expanded on it - sometimes rather dramatically.  As kids we used to anticipate new episodes of MTV’s “Unplugged” to see how our favorite artists would creatively transform their otherwise electrified songs using acoustic guitars, pianos, strings, woodwinds, and the like. At it’s best “Unplugged” versions of songs could outshine the “official” versions. We never expect to replace the magical feeling that a nostalgic piece of music can give but we tried our hardest to honor the original spirit of imagination that led us away to dream in the first place.  If you like what you hear please consider sharing.  Listen, here’s the pleasant part…

A Dream Away

Side A
1. "Better Now"
2. "Into The Dark" (reimagined)
3. "Is Patience Still Waiting?" (reimagined)
4. "We're At The Top Of The World" (reimagined)

Side B
5. "If I Told You This Was Killing, Me Would You Stop?" (reimagined)
6. "Bring It Low" (reimagined)
7. "Constellation" (reimagined)
8. "Duane Joseph" (reimagined)

Edited by rrd

10 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

grabbed the petal vinyl. The teaser audio sounded decent. I wish they left "Better Now" off it though...

Better Now is at least fairly inoffensive, if it were that other new track I don’t know if the nostalgia for the old tracks would’ve been enough to make me pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Better Now is at least fairly inoffensive, if it were that other new track I don’t know if the nostalgia for the old tracks would’ve been enough to make me pull the trigger.

agreed.

also, they just added another variant (White w/ Black & Red Splatter) after the petal version sold out. I wonder how many variants they are going to keep tacking on.

• 4 weeks later...

For those that missed out they are adding two more colors limited to 100 each again today at 10 am. 

This will make 7 colorways at 100 each, and the picture disc at 222. 

Best of luck to those variant collectors who just spent $165+shipping  on 8 records of 8 reimagined songs.  

got this email today, not sure what the original date was:

Dear Juliana Theory Fans,

Thank you so much for your recent pre-order of TJT's new record "A Dream Away". Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances involving the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic the vinyl, and CD have both been delayed in production. We apologize for this inconvenience, but will still be sending out a digital download of the album to hold you over until we receive physical copies. The new ship date for CD's has been pushed April 7th 2021, and the LP has been pushed back until July 1st, 2021. We hope they come in sooner, and we will work as quickly as humanly possible to ship them to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• 11 months later...