PO: Strong Bad Sings (And Other Type Hits) LP

AlexH.

there are certainly worse nostalgia buys. i still sing bits and pieces of these songs to my wife all the time. she has no idea what i'm talking about

13 minutes ago, birdwell said:

I wish that instead of trying to cash in they would just make more content...

in fairness to them, i am more than happy to support them after the fact for years and years of free content supported with a limited array of merch sales. also, although H*R holds a cherished place in my heart, i think if i went back to watch a lot of it i'd find that i've outgrown it. so... i'm not sure new content would do much for me these days. (although undoubtedly new content would be very welcome!)

i'm surprised it sold out so quickly too. i'd bet it was a pretty limited press that first time around. will be curious to see if they'll go with the same colorway or something new. just glad that they've already committed to a repress—good for them being transparent about it 

Edited by chamb117

I gotta say I think Homestar Runner still holds up as much as anything. I think it helps that they never relied on reference-based humor (well, current references anyway) or crudeness (nothing at all against crudeness, it just doesn't age well. Don't see a lot of nostalgia being expressed for Happy Tree Friends). They're just weird little cartoon people executing a very specific brand of humor.

And they do put out new stuff every so often - probably 2-3 toons a year plus random side project things like the Trogdor board game. They just put out a DOS game play-along video with puppet Strong Bad two weeks ago: