Clouds Hill x Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & Bands

There isn’t an immediate preorder here but, Clouds Hill will now oversee publishing rights to the entire Omar Rodriguez-Lopez solo catalog, DeFacto, Antemasque, and The Mars Volta.  I think this also includes all of the Omar-named groups as well.

This apparently includes physical reissues, but the first release will be the Mars Volta Tremulant EP on all major streaming services this Friday.

There’s no word about timeline for physical releases, but you have to assume this has been in the works for a while and could mean we start seeing something soon.  Maybe we can start filling in those TMV gaps and see that Antemasque LP2 with Travis Barker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLoIYMKHsl5/?igshid=jlp324v9n016

3 minutes ago, OU818 said:

Interestingly Omar owns the vinyl rights to the full Mars Volta discography as discovered in the 2015 MOV fiasco. Hopefully the remasters will sound better than the Nadie "remaster" of Tremulant....

Although I give it 50/50 that this ever happens or gets mentioned ever again

This insta post says Wise Music has the rights to TMV? 

Probably the Tremulant reissue. The font seems to match the one on the EP and "la realidad de los sueños" is part of the lyrics in Concertina, if I'm not mistaken. But it also means "the reality of dreams" so it could be that it's also at least the beginning of them reissuing the high in demand TMV catalogue. 

Edited by xSHINOx