PO: Spaceman Reissue Program (aka Spiritualized Reissues on Fat Possum)

KaitouG

Spun my white copy this morning for the 1st time and had no issues with it at all unlike a few are reporting on discogs. 

Wondering what the next album will be in the series, will they do Fucked Up Inside live LP or go to the next studio LP Pure Phase. And will there be revised cover art for every release in the series? Maybe a full glow in the dark cover for Pure Phase as the original limited edition CD came in.

16 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

LGM

Pure Phase

L&GWFIS

Let It Come Down

are all thats planned. 

Really hope the series is successful enough that they go back to do FUI and RAH. Maybe even a Complete Works box set

I thought they phrased those four as phase 1 of the reissue program?

22 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Does anyone have any of the Spaceman 3 reissues from the past few years? Are they good pressings?

The Fire reissues are a bit flat, but they were cheap to pick-up. There was some issue with licensing and the band were not consulted or received anything for the RSD albums. Apparently they (Sonic Boom & Will) wanted to do a more significant series of reissues, but felt  this couldn’t happen without label support and making the albums being available again was also problematic. There’s been so many SM3 reissues, and for the first few albums I don’t think they’ve improved on the original early pressings.

Still holding out hope that we’ll someday get an official release of the 2007 Acoustic Mainlines concert at Union Chapel, which is my fave of all the live sets & full-on gospel. Factory25 announced it about a decade ago(!?) but haven’t updated that page since. I email them about it maybe once a year, but never get a reply. 

1 hour ago, cardiac said:

Still holding out hope that we’ll someday get an official release of the 2007 Acoustic Mainlines concert at Union Chapel, which is my fave of all the live sets & full-on gospel. Factory25 announced it about a decade ago(!?) but haven’t updated that page since. I email them about it maybe once a year, but never get a reply. 

I second this. I saw them on this tour in San Francisco. I have an imperfect live recording of this that I listen to often. I would absolutely LOVE an official reissue of an acoustic Mainlines show and/or an official reissue of any LAGWAFIS show.