PO: Spaceman Reissue Program (aka Spiritualized Reissues on Fat Possum)

KaitouG

55 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

US Store is now down. I assume these will be up in a few 

Minutes, hours, or days?  I wasn't eying the exact drops and rollouts for the last couple in this thread.

I'm conflicted because the VMP L&G is such a beauty, in my opinion.  Great variant.  Awesome packaging.  Very solid quality through and through.  I'm quite content with it and don't exactly feel like I need to upgrade... but it's going to be such a standout on the shelf with the consistent design on the spines of these reissues.

17 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

Apparently this is going to be the new art for it?

SPIRITUALIZED - Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

looks like it - i like it, mirroring the limited edition blister pack the original cds came in

https://www.concordemusic.com/spiritualized-ladies-and-gentlemen-neptune-blue-coloured-double-vinyl-lp-10th-sept-2021-4833-p.asp?gclid=Cj0KCQjw0emHBhC1ARIsAL1QGNexIwZGSIhJ48GbVd1gxIQPnxoNhb1C-Gi7g2XIulSCWj63AiafF2YaAuS7EALw_wcB

8 hours ago, timsimmons said:

i'll take ring spun 100% over Heavy Cotton bullshit, thats for sure. 

Ehhhhh, nah. The reason shirts from the past are still around, and for the most part in decent condition, are because they were built to last. Everyone is going to realize they were printing on crappy ill fitting cheese cloth soon. A lot already have. I’ll take a medium that fits like a medium, and doesn’t have stupid droopy neck, that’s for sure.

But all that aside... the VMP pressing is sooo nice, on all levels. But, I love this record so much, l’ll definitely be picking this because of the different cover art and because the Fat Possum pressings have, overall, been pretty awesome too. If I haven’t said this enough on here, I’m a fucking idiot and love to waste money. 

Edited by MyEnemy

17 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

But all that aside... the VMP pressing is sooo nice, on all levels. But, I love this record so much, l’ll definitely be picking this because of the different cover art and because the Fat Possum pressings have, overall, been pretty awesome too. If I haven’t said this enough on here, I’m a fucking idiot and love to waste money. 

I’m almost too content with the VMP press to bite this time around.  The more I stare at the cover, the more hoaky I think it looks.  If the tablets / dispenser were outlined were simply outlined – so just some white lines against the dark blue, super minimal – I think it would look 10x’s cleaner, and still stay true to what they were going for.  Ah well.  I’m just very curious to see what that “nebula blue” ends up being.

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’m almost too content with the VMP press to bite this time around.  The more I stare at the cover, the more hoaky I think it looks.  If the tablets / dispenser were outlined were simply outlined – so just some white lines against the dark blue, super minimal – I think it would look 10x’s cleaner, and still stay true to what they were going for.  Ah well.  I’m just very curious to see what that “nebula blue” ends up being.

Totally feel you. But I’m a sucker and will throw down $35 for this.

6 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I feel like this would have been the better version. Then foil emboss the sleeve.

R-41741-1205076956.jpeg.jpg

And yeah! There’s so much they could’ve done with the cover, gatefold and insert art. There’s so much actual media for this release, that’s all adjacent and corresponding, it’s fucking crazy. I remember first discovering this and all the singles, and just being blown away with all the attention to detail that was taken with it all. Made me love the record even more.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:11 AM, MyEnemy said:

Ehhhhh, nah. The reason shirts from the past are still around, and for the most part in decent condition, are because they were built to last. Everyone is going to realize they were printing on crappy ill fitting cheese cloth soon. A lot already have. I’ll take a medium that fits like a medium, and doesn’t have stupid droopy neck, that’s for sure.

IDK man. 100% cotton is like burlap after 3-4 washes. I'll take a shirt that has the life span of 4 years but has all the softness to shirt that feels naturally starched.

3 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Yeah, changing the iconic cover art is a dealbreaker for me. With VMP not being a option, here’s hoping a solid repress is somewhere on the horizon. 

58 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

You can still get the VMP version for just slightly over what they sold it for originally on discogs

+ someone put theirs up on Reddit earlier today for $55 shipped, which is a bit cheaper than the cheapest on discogs.

I'm not really taken with the new cover - in part because this has been one of my favorite albums for over 20 years and I'm just used to old cover, and in part because I just don't think this is an improvement - but even setting that to the side it feels like a really weird move to change the cover but still use the original cover for the shirts.

Regardless I bought one + a shirt; even having the VMP pressing I do want to make sure I get a copy of each reissue in this program.