PO: Spaceman Reissue Program (aka Spiritualized Reissues on Fat Possum)

KaitouG

10 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

I'm not really taken with the new cover - in part because this has been one of my favorite albums for over 20 years and I'm just used to old cover, and in part because I just don't think this is an improvement - but even setting that to the side it feels like a really weird move to change the cover but still use the original cover for the shirts.

Regardless I bought one + a shirt; even having the VMP pressing I do want to make sure I get a copy of each reissue in this program.

It does seem very weird to change the cover of the album but to use the old one on the T-shirts, I agree

10 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

These reissues were curated by J Spaceman which includes choosing the covers.  I’m not going to argue with him on those.  But I also understand those not wanting to double dip after getting the VMP one

How could you argue with the creative mind behind such album cover masterpieces as this?

71r0umNateL._SY355_.jpg

14 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

You can still get the VMP version for just slightly over what they sold it for originally on discogs

13 hours ago, iwokeinrelief said:

+ someone put theirs up on Reddit earlier today for $55 shipped, which is a bit cheaper than the cheapest on discogs.

Thank you both, but with nowadays insane overseas shipping prices VMP – or buying from  the states in general – is just not an option for me.

• 1 month later...