PO: Spaceman Reissue Program (aka Spiritualized Reissues on Fat Possum)

KaitouG

2 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I was kind of waning in this band, then And Nothing Hurt blew me away all over again and I saw them live in Austin and had my mind imploded, so yeah, I’m all the way in on this. 

I assume you are referencing their last US tour.  They were absolutely amazing at their Dallas stop!

Edited by iwokeinrelief

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Also, I need my Gen X bands to adapt to the way things work now. We don't need 4 month lead times before albums get released. Single out today, this needs to hit the services this Friday or next. Its silly at this point. 

Yep.  I still have like 4 full digital albums that I won’t be getting a physical copy of for another 3 to 4 months

3 hours ago, iwokeinrelief said:

I assume you are referencing their last US tour.  They were absolutely amazing at their Dallas stop!

Yep. I thought I might be disappointed that they played the whole album, but it was incredible and loved the other songs they played. So glad I made the trip. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

LPx2+ £34.99

Neptune Blue

Rough Trade Exclusive

Limited to 500 copies  l

With Numbered Hand Screened Unique Sleeve.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/spiritualized/ladies-and-gentlemen-we-are-floating-in-space-d0a5e897-9a8d-424e-b03a-d795e0d31bb1/lp-plus-x2-2

Got the box in the US today. 

One thing to note. Its listed as "Spaceman Reissue Program Volume One". I'm willing to be that Vol. 2 starts after the new album cycle. Hopefully it includes the live records. It does appear Fat Possum is letting the other records go OOP. A&E hasn't been in stock for a bit. And Nothing hurt is OOS on their site too. Haven't seen Amazing Grace in years.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, strangers said:

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

LPx2+ £34.99

Neptune Blue

Rough Trade Exclusive

Limited to 500 copies  l

With Numbered Hand Screened Unique Sleeve.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/spiritualized/ladies-and-gentlemen-we-are-floating-in-space-d0a5e897-9a8d-424e-b03a-d795e0d31bb1/lp-plus-x2-2

Thanks! Didn't notice this and wanted to get this reissue.  Will def pull the trigger on this edition.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

thanks for the heads up.

Kinda annoyed they pushed the whole thing back until April. Just release the digital and ship the physical later like every other album in 2022.

Wait, they even bumped the digital to April 22nd?  That's wild if so.  If anything they should've released digital copies on time – or early – to make up for that.  Makes me wonder if someone was sitting on a CD rip, and got rubbed the wrong way by that delay and opted to just release it out in the wild.

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 9:04 AM, timsimmons said:

I’ll never punch out the boxes so I passed on the set. Normal pink wax for me. Also, I need less boxes on my shelf at this point because space is a premium. 

Got both copies (normal and box) of the new album in today and am really surprised by how nice the sturdy / lifttop box of the boxset really is and how much more substantial the whole presentation is.  Now, it *is* still just a presentation difference - and i'm still not going to punch out all these medicine boxes - but i'm really happy with the quality of the box.

edited to add an image for reference. Yes, my table is messy, I have kids and this is about the best it gets most days.

spacer.png

Edited by iwokeinrelief

Yeah, I’m on constant client calls today but am very much looking forward to finally listening to this beginning to end tomorrow.

Caught them live last month and they were incredible (again / as always) and the show got me very hyped for the album.

(I was probably on a buying hiatus when the last LP came out so I'd missed it had also had a box edition - just grabbed a new copy of Discogs for retail so am happy to add it to the collection)

Edited by iwokeinrelief