PO: Shook Ones "Sixteen" and "The Unquotable A.M.H" Represses (Revelation Records)

mitchard

spacer.png

Sixteen:

https://revhq.com/products/shook-ones-sixteen?_pos=1&_sid=02cf82ead&_ss=r

Originally released by Endwell Records in 2005.

Yellow (x 150) RevHQ Exclusive 
Purple (x 500)

Release Date: 3/26/21

The Unquotable A.M.H.:

https://revhq.com/products/shook-ones-the-unquotable-a-m-h?_pos=4&_sid=02cf82ead&_ss=r

Originally released by Paper + Plastick  in 2009.

Peach (x 150) RevHQ Exclusive 
Salmon (x 500)

Release Date: 3/26/21

Glad to see these back in print. Here's to hoping they put something new out soon.

Also, new shirts!

https://revhq.com/collections/all/products/shook-ones-the-unquotable-a-m-h-t-shirt

https://revhq.com/collections/all/products/shook-ones-sixteen-t-shirt

19 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

FUN FACT: When a band is not touring, its members do not need money in order to live!

Especially when they do tour, 35 people come to their shows. 

After their last San Diego show, I didn’t think anyone gave a shit about this band anymore.

Edited by MyEnemy

1 hour ago, Prestonlanes said:

That’s sad.  I wanted to see this band for so damn long.  Happy to get Sixteen finally!

They are such a fun live band too. I've probably seen them close to ten times and each set was great. 

Edited by mitchard

On 2/25/2021 at 6:30 AM, AlexH. said:

FUN FACT: When a band is not touring, its members do not need money in order to live!

My point is the record is widely available online. When a band is touring people shop their merch table. Shook Ones played 2 shows in 2019. I don't think anyone in the band is relying on selling these records to live.

1 hour ago, shenanigans said:

My point is the record is widely available online. When a band is touring people shop their merch table. Shook Ones played 2 shows in 2019. I don't think anyone in the band is relying on selling these records to live.

being "widely" available means secondary market, therefore they don't make money off it. If Rev offered them to repress their non-rev catalog they would have been stupid to say no even if they tour or not. Also they said there are other things in the works too.

9 hours ago, shenanigans said:

For those 2 releases available for purchase in the US, discogs has 4 copies of sixteen available.  2 around $20, 1 for $45, and 1 for $100

For AMH there are 2 copies both at $45

doesn’t seem “widely available” to me

12 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

For those 2 releases available for purchase in the US, discogs has 4 copies of sixteen available.  2 around $20, 1 for $45, and 1 for $100

For AMH there are 2 copies both at $45

doesn’t seem “widely available” to me

I specifically said AMH. $45?
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1189011433

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/626816664

5 hours ago, shenanigans said:

2 used copies for 15 dollars + the same in intl shipping (if you are not buying them from Canada or Japan) is widely available? I don't want to win an arguement, but widely available to me is like being on multiple distros' sale sections for 8 dollars. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:45 PM, Willow_Tree_Records said:

Paper + Plastick ripped off most of their bands. If you don’t already have the record, then buy it from Rev.

Sixteen is also a really fun record. Worth picking up for anyone who doesn’t already own a copy.

This is interesting and explains why my order from December wasn't sent and than the follow up emails were all ignored. Bummer. 

52 minutes ago, jacobe said:

This is interesting and explains why my order from December wasn't sent and than the follow up emails were all ignored. Bummer. 

You ordered from P+P and they didn’t send it out and didn’t respond to emails? 

I’ve been meaning to throw in an order for the Farewell Continental LP that’s still up, but if that’s the case...

39 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

You ordered from P+P and they didn’t send it out and didn’t respond to emails? 

I’ve been meaning to throw in an order for the Farewell Continental LP that’s still up, but if that’s the case...

Ordered 12/14 when they were running a 5LP mystery pack, but have low expectations on shipping considering the state of the world, but when I reached out in early Feb, I got a canned "I was sick" email, so I said that wasn't a problem. I never heard anything and reached out again last week with no reply. 

1 minute ago, jacobe said:

Ordered 12/14 when they were running a 5LP mystery pack, but have low expectations on shipping considering the state of the world, but when I reached out in early Feb, I got a canned "I was sick" email, so I said that wasn't a problem. I never heard anything and reached out again last week with no reply. 

A friend of mine ordered from them summer 2019 and had nothing but problems. Something was said to be in stock but never was, never got shipped, then he got store credit after months of trying to get in touch with them. I'd recommend avoiding them @MyEnemy

17 hours ago, AWasteOfATime said:

I suggest opening paypal disbutes with them if you can, I had that happen to me years ago. trash label. 

Currently going through my bank - they weren't taking paypal at the time, which is likely because of how they side with the customer usually without much work needing to be done. 

I didn't know about their treatment of bands or I'd have not even chanced a purchase....just a sucker for inexpensive mystery grab bags.