PO NOW : AFI "Bodies"

li0nel

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

This album is actually pretty solid. A bit all over the place, but it has some enjoyable songs. I haven’t really revisited their last couple of albums much, but I’ve already listened to this one several times. 

Definitely listening to this more than anything released after DU

Surprised at myself at how much I am enjoying this record. I didn't pay full attention at pretty much anything after DU as I found all those records somewhat meh...different mindset at the time I guess...but really liking Bodies. And as been said, feels all over the place musically but it's in line with what I have been listening to lately...post-punk synthwave-influenced sexy boy music. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

Got my /300 copy from BrooklynVegan today. I didn't realize it was going to come with a numbered obi-strip. Pretty neato. This album grew on me, so I'm glad I was able to get one of these copies. 

My BV copy arrived yesterday and it was very warped. I sent them a video and asked for a replacement but they said due to its limited nature they don’t have a replacement. They said I could mail it back for a full refund or take $10 in store credit. I opted for store credit and am working on flattening the record with my Vinyl Flat. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, andynz said:

Song nearly put me to sleep... 

For real? I mean its obviously not a 'party banger' but I thought it was a really excellent B-side.
Not sure exactly where it got cut out of the album, but does feel like it wanted to lead right into another track though, ends rather abruptly. Maybe could have even worked as a closer.

• 1 month later...