Got a crack on the record. Is it playable?

Recently got a package from Wax Vessel and noticed that it has a small crack near the edge. Will be moving soon and a turntable is already packed up and I have no opportunity to try it out in the nearest weeks.

Based on your experience, should it be playable with such a crack? Seems like it situated outside of the audio tracks. 

Sucks that it appear on such a rare record as Wax Vessel's one. Package was in perfect condition, so this crack shouldn't be from mechanical stress. Maybe a temperature difference? It was -25 °C (-13 °F) in my city. Got in touch with Nick from Wax Vessel, but he said that he can't replace it. The only option was to send this record back to him and get a refund. Bummer.

spacer.png

My RTJ1 has a crack basically the same as that. Doesn't affect the music whatsoever. 

Sucks it had to be on a Wax Vessel record... I just preordered the From a Second Story Window set from them. Its not going out until late in the year, but it is my first purchase with WV. So hoping it'll be a quality product since it cost a fortune to ship to Canada! 

Good luck with the move! 

Edited by INRIhab