PO (03.16. 11AM EST): Saves the Day - In Reverie (2nd press) (PGR004)

2 hours ago, rrd said:

Got mine today, yeah this packaging job was terrible. Mailer was pretty well smashed, record was super loose inside.

Luckily record was mostly unharmed but does have a nice seam split right on the band name.

http://imgur.com/a/UqLhzuq

Yo...from that photo it is not at all on the packaging. That package was mishandled.

16 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Did you guys want the label to buckle your copy up in their passenger seat and hand deliver these bad boys? 
Could an extra piece of cardboard made them slightly more secure? Sure. But the postal service isn’t treating your parcel with care, I’ve had much better packaged records show up with more damage.

Right?

I was expecting much worse when mine arrived but all of the edges were tight so it couldn't move around too much. All extra cardboard would have done would be protect it from a bend of a puncture from the front or back. 

Mine showed up mint.  If it didn't, it happens. 

Edited by Buffbloom

34 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Could an extra piece of cardboard made them slightly more secure? Sure.

This is the reasonable expectation they keep failing to hit though. And it has absolutely helped with other shipments. I don’t think anyone can expect guarantees or seatbelt laws to save the day.

Gotten 4 records from Take This To Heart/Parting Gift. 3 of them damaged. 2 with seem splits but no damage to the mailer. The 4th was a 10”.

There is a pattern here. Distance to destination could be a factor too (I’m on west coast).

OMFG I GOT THIS RECORD AND LIKE WOW THE MAILER WOW BUT LIKE SEAM SPLITZZZZZ

Y’all are a never-ending supply of baseless whining. Seam splits happen even when things are packed with that almighty piece of cardboard. Anyone wanna comment on how great this sounds and how good it is to have something that you could have potentially not owned? Because it’s awesome, and the records look great, and there are just so many other things to say here instead of the same old shit y’all keep repeating ad nauseam.

<end rant, can’t wait for everyone to back up their whiny posts with silly excuses as to why they’re entitled to this opinion>

On 6/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, dantheriver said:

Did you guys want the label to buckle your copy up in their passenger seat and hand deliver these bad boys? 
Could an extra piece of cardboard made them slightly more secure? Sure. But the postal service isn’t treating your parcel with care, I’ve had much better packaged records show up with more damage.

FWIW this is true. Actually I find that if I pay for premium shipping those are the ones that arrive the worst. They care about the time, not about how it gets to you ha.

All I know is mine arrived, same packing as everyone else. No damage issues, sounds good, looks great, glad to finally finish off my Saves the Day collection by pretending '9' never came out. I have almost every album from my youth that I've ever wanted to own on vinyl (that exists), and I'm getting very close to feeling like my entire collection is complete.

3 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

All I know is mine arrived, same packing as everyone else. No damage issues, sounds good, looks great, glad to finally finish off my Saves the Day collection by pretending '9' never came out. I have almost every album from my youth that I've ever wanted to own on vinyl (that exists), and I'm getting very close to feeling like my entire collection is complete.

I liked 9 :,(

6 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

What are you planning to collect / do after you complete your collection?

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, thetrackt said:

Listened to my copy last night - couple thoughts: 

1. The 500: Waking Life: Color in Color - Tangerine + Light Blue LP is one of the prettiest LPs I own

2. This album is way better than I gave it credit for 15 years ago!

Happy to snag a copy of the color in color this morning. Nicest variant in my opinion. 

• 1 year later...
  • xfactor675 changed the title to PO (03.16. 11AM EST): Saves the Day - In Reverie (2nd press) (PGR004)
15 hours ago, Prestonlanes said:

They’re doing an In Reverie / Can’t Slow Down tour.  Really hoping for a Can’t Slow Down reissue.  Wanted that for years.

CSD is the only record I've ever paid triple digits for, but this was a sealed copy, and this was 13 years or more ago. These days it would probably have cost more than my mortgage. 

Edit: and when I say triple digits I mean like $101, not $999 lol