PO (03.16. 11AM EST): Saves the Day - In Reverie (2nd press) (PGR004)

Downloaded it off IRC overnight the day it came out. Incredibly disappointed. I was sort of in disbelief that the album was that short and seemed like experimental demos for a side project. I’ve slightly grown to enjoy it more, especially in hindsight as it’s the last STD album I consider listenable, but it’s still a bizarre out-of-left-field entry in what was the peak of their discography IMO.

7 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Let me tell you about a time, before must of you collected records, when no gave a shit about this album and you could get it new for $8...

Ah yes. Simpler times. The lack of shit given for this album when it came out reminded me of the divide of Jawbreaker fans after 'Dear You' came out. The vocals, major label, yadda yadda yadda. Such a fucking great album, imo. 'Morning in the Moonlight' is still a top 10 STD song for me.

57 minutes ago, Prestonlanes said:

Bought this on CD the day it came out (same day as Thursday's War All the Time), and was so let down.  I've grown to like it marginally better, but I don't think I can ever wash the disappointment out of my mouth.

This explains exactly how I feel about both Blink-182 - S/T and AFI - Sing The Sorrow. I've grown to like both but they will never get the same respect as both bands previous material. 

34 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Ah yes. Simpler times. The lack of shit given for this album when it came out reminded me of the divide of Jawbreaker fans after 'Dear You' came out. The vocals, major label, yadda yadda yadda. Such a fucking great album, imo. 'Morning in the Moonlight' is still a top 10 STD song for me.

This and ‘Where Are You?’. 

so stoked for this one!

26 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Someone just told me it's Parting Gift Records that will be releasing it. TTTH just gets paid for the store front and to deal with shipping.

3 variant /200 splatter /300 splatter /500 color in color.

I guess we'll see. I never got into this record so I'll likely opt out of ordering it.

Haha did you see their twitter post? they responded to Wed The Third with some monkeys lol

35 minutes ago, kylet said:

This explains exactly how I feel about both Blink-182 - S/T and AFI - Sing The Sorrow. I've grown to like both but they will never get the same respect as both bands previous material. 

In Reverie doesn’t even hold a candle to these two GREAT albums though. Not even close 

35 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

In Reverie doesn’t even hold a candle to these two GREAT albums though. Not even close 

Pffft. In reverie shits all over anything AFI has ever made. Blinks S/T is great though, they’re right on the same level I’d say. 

33 minutes ago, diabretic said:

Pffft. In reverie shits all over anything AFI has ever made. Blinks S/T is great though, they’re right on the same level I’d say. 

Whoaaaa, whoa, whoa there cowboy. Early AFI stuff was pretty darn good, and In Reverie is arguable STD's second worst album.

18 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Whoaaaa, whoa, whoa there cowboy. Early AFI stuff was pretty darn good, and In Reverie is arguable STD's second worst album.

I can’t get into any AFI. In Reverie is their 4th best in my opinion. Their most recent being the clear “worst”. 

3 hours ago, Oblivions said:

Downloaded it off IRC overnight the day it came out. Incredibly disappointed. I was sort of in disbelief that the album was that short and seemed like experimental demos for a side project. I’ve slightly grown to enjoy it more, especially in hindsight as it’s the last STD album I consider listenable, but it’s still a bizarre out-of-left-field entry in what was the peak of their discography IMO.

I felt this same way for a long time...BUT their Self-titled record is actually really great.  Nothing comes close to SWYA though.

Really excited to own this again.  Sold my OG press years ago.

2 hours ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

I agree. I was just making the comparison since all 3 are bands I was super into. Very excited for all 3 releases. Road my bike/drove my first car to my local shop to buy the CD on opening day, and was extremely let down. All 3 albums have grown on me. Idk if my tastes have changed, or my expectations are just lowered since all 3 bands went down such a slope that I've accepted these "turning" albums as the last decent album they released. 

Fuck all this nonsense talk. I'm going back to my mom's basement to jam the All Hallow's EP + Dude Ranch. Somebody hit me up on my pager when this preorder is live. 

• xfactor675 changed the title to PO (03.16. 11AM EST): Saves the Day - In Reverie (2nd press) (PGR004)