PO (03.16. 11AM EST): Saves the Day - In Reverie (2nd press) (PGR004)

22 minutes ago, xchemicalx said:

spacer.pngI’m not sure how the pea soup green matches the cover, but I know for a fact it doesn’t come close to the mock-up. 

In your photo it looks nearly the same color as the bird and face. I wondered if maybe it looked different in person.

I get that it isn't what you expected and that's a bummer, but at least in the photo you posted it seems to match up pretty well with the secondary colors of the cover.

The butterflies are also green.

looks like you guys really didn't have art classes, right? 

Another question is though, why labels/plants can't (won't) realise using only solid colors on specific variants don't work out the way it was intended most of the time...

spacer.png

Edited by xfactor675

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

looks like you guys really didn't have art classes, right? 

Another question is though, why labels/plants can't (won't) realise using only solid colors on specific variants don't work out the way it was intended most of the time...

spacer.png

I feel it's labels coming up with what they think are good ideas for variants without considering how the finished product will look. You also make a good point to why plants don't tell them it won't work!? 

I totally think blue wasn't even used in that In Reverie variant, I've got other blue in orange records and yeah colours merge but there is always a hint of blue somewhere, that thing is full yellow in the center haha

On 6/15/2023 at 2:22 PM, Sonorsaur said:

I feel it's labels coming up with what they think are good ideas for variants without considering how the finished product will look. You also make a good point to why plants don't tell them it won't work!? 

I totally think blue wasn't even used in that In Reverie variant, I've got other blue in orange records and yeah colours merge but there is always a hint of blue somewhere, that thing is full yellow in the center haha

I think it did, check the half-half variant here, that is the exact color where the two base color meets.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cthpr71PcXK/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, onandonandon said:

Got mine last week with no shipping notification. They were addressed from "Tragic Hero Records".

It's probably worth mentioning to the group just out of general curiousity

Tragic Hero Music Group, Inc includes:

Superior Sound Cleveland

Merchbucket (I found out because I had to spam email a bunch of employees since no one there answers emails about pre-orders that are months late with no updates)

Tragic Hero Records

Sunpedal Recordings

Take This To Heart Records

Fishhead Records

180db Artists

Capitol Comics NC

Deko Entertainment

Drive-Thru Records

and I assume Parting Gift is under TTTHR or something else in this giant mix.

• 3 months later...

Bump because Universal are doing their own repress with a gatefold cover: https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/vinyl/products/saves-the-day-in-reverie-limited-edition-lp?_pos=2&_sid=264cb627f&_ss=r

Interesting though, as I assume PGR paid through the teeth to license their recent repress.