PO: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END! (April 02, 2021)

I really appreciate that a major aspect of the last couple of albums have been to finally have a studio recording of their epic side-long dirges that were live-only staples and drove a lot of the intense bootlegging of GY!BE shows for decades, and otherwise compose albums that are inspired by the live noise-jam approach. 

But I've been looking forward to this album for the reason that @wuhanclan mentions; more song-y approach.

• 10 months later...

Almost a year later and this album still does it for me.  I legitimately think it’s so good.

But I didn’t bump this thread just to gush about it.  I was curious to see how many of you – if any of you – had thoughts on All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling now that it’s finally leaked… after 27 years or so.  It’s about what I was expecting based off Efrim interviews, personally, but still cool to hear it.  I went into it with minimal expectations but still found myself clicking with a few moments here and there.  Diminishing Shine comes to mind.

33 minutes ago, twatay said:

Leaked where??

Leaked on 4chan I think?

40 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Almost a year later and this album still does it for me.  I legitimately think it’s so good.

But I didn’t bump this thread just to gush about it.  I was curious to see how many of you – if any of you – had thoughts on All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling now that it’s finally leaked… after 27 years or so.  It’s about what I was expecting based off Efrim interviews, personally, but still cool to hear it.  I went into it with minimal expectations but still found myself clicking with a few moments here and there.  Diminishing Shine comes to mind.

I haven’t made my way through all of it but I agree with you - pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I like it.

11 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I've been seeing the whole "bounty" thing on here as well as Reddit. Can anyone elaborate on that part? I couldn't find any info on that haha

those kind of sites operate on an uploaded to downloaded ratio. the more you upload, the more you can download. if you don't meet a certain ratio (think red is 0.6 or smth) they can disable your ability to download. there are request sections where people ask for specific releases and offer upload credit ('bounty') in return. others can add to it and increase the bounty as well. people fill these requests  ('claim the bounty') so that they can afford to download more without getting disabled. This had the highest bounty of any request on red and it's predecessor - what.

Edited by vinyldestination
wrong ratio

1 hour ago, vinyldestination said:

those kind of sites operate on an uploaded to downloaded ratio. the more you upload, the more you can download. if you don't meet a certain ratio (think red is 0.6 or smth) they can disable your ability to download. there are request sections where people ask for specific releases and offer upload credit ('bounty') in return. others can add to it and increase the bounty as well. people fill these requests  ('claim the bounty') so that they can afford to download more without getting disabled. This had the highest bounty of any request on red and it's predecessor - what.

It's kind of one of those releases that has had a ton of fakes uploaded in the past and something most people assumed would never actually be heard. Something of a white whale piece of audio for a ton of people. 

38 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Seems like Efrim is pretty frustrated that it leaked, but we’ll see.

Actually quite the opposite – when this leaked, there was a Discord mod who was going around and advising everyone to not listen to it, because he “knows the band” and could confirm that they were “disappointed” with the leak.  But it was just Discord drama and gatekeeping bullshit… much to no one’s surprise.  A brand new interview / podcast released today - here - confirms that Efrim thinks that dude is a fucking weirdo for lying, and that he was already intending to release the album digitally at some point, himself.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Actually quite the opposite – when this leaked, there was a Discord mod who was going around and advising everyone to not listen to it, because he “knows the band” and could confirm that they were “disappointed” with the leak.  But it was just Discord drama and gatekeeping bullshit… much to no one’s surprise.  A brand new interview / podcast released today - here - confirms that Efrim thinks that dude is a fucking weirdo for lying, and that he was already intending to release the album digitally at some point, himself.

Oh nice! I stand corrected. Thank you for that. I will have to listen today.