PO - The Mighty Mighty BossToneS - When God Was Great - May 7th

Just now, prowl20 said:

Dying of corona virus to own the libs: got it! I’ll take your Carhartt jacket before you unceremoniously burn it 

Yeah, dude! For sure, bruh! I already died from it, actually. Once in 2019 and again last winter. Fucking sucks to die bro. I was all sniffly for liek a week! It was death! Absolute death!

It just seems like a little much for 2 “confused” reactions and a gif on a vinyl forum.  You’re welcome to your own thoughts and opinions on Covid, vaccines, etc. but repeat posting with exclamation marks and “ironically” doubling down on absurdity just doesn’t convey a lot of stability in any argument.  To me, anyway.

Oh dang, bro! Damn, that sucks bro! My great uncle died too. He was 97 years old and I'm pretty sure it was covid that finally caught him. In fact, I know it wasn't heart disease because the hospital told me so. And they would never lie about anything like that. What would they have to gain, y'know?

I like to virtue signal too but it really sucks when people are dying and then we find out that it's all because of guys like Dicky Barret, that selfish guy.

I'm sure this thread's about to be locked in 3, 2, 1 (or 1-2-8)...

But just wondering about the Dicky anti-vax theory, is that true? I recently read this interview, where he talks about togetherness through live music:

https://digboston.com/the-dig-interviews-dicky-barrett/

This passage doesn't sound like most Covid truther stuff I've seen, more that if they can't play like they always have, and in unsafe circumstances, it's not worth it to him, which is quite different:

"Now having said all that, I think there’s going to be a time when people are ready to get back into venues and to see live music the way we’ve always known it to be and what we fell in love with. I think people are probably going to take chances and they’re willing to risk their life, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be for us, so time will tell."

Edited by mr. sincere

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It just seems like a little much for 2 “confused” reactions and a gif on a vinyl forum.  You’re welcome to your own thoughts and opinions on Covid, vaccines, etc. but repeat posting with exclamation marks and “ironically” doubling down on absurdity just doesn’t convey a lot of stability in any argument.  To me, anyway.

That's a bit much for two "exclamation points." Gaslighting much>? lol

Doubling down on vax mandates seems completely logical, to me. It was pretty obvious that they worked the first time, so let's do it again so it can work even more.

4 minutes ago, mr. sincere said:

I'm sure this thread's about to be locked in 3, 2, 1 (or 1-2-8)...

But just wondering about the Dicky anti-vax theory, is that true? I recently read this interview, where he talks about togetherness through live music:

https://digboston.com/the-dig-interviews-dicky-barrett/

This passage doesn't sound like most Covid truther stuff I've seen, more that if they can't play like they always have, it's not worth it to him, which is quite different:

"Now having said all that, I think there’s going to be a time when people are ready to get back into venues and to see live music the way we’ve always known it to be and what we fell in love with. I think people are probably going to take chances and they’re willing to risk their life, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be for us, so time will tell."

Until / if the band ever confirms its all speculative but there seems to be weight to it.

Glad I got to see them one last time at Riot Fest.

2 minutes ago, MrScorpio said:

Ian Rees brought it up. lol

I'm not singling anyone out cause talking about covid is tired as hell anyways. All I'm asking is this discussion either goes to the appropriate thread or we "curb the spread" of bickering and "lockdown" this thread.

The report queue is getting lit up and y'all and fucking up my night off work. Please chill dawgz! 

1 minute ago, MrScorpio said:

That's a bit much for two "exclamation points." Gaslighting much>? lol

What are you on about?  Your entire string of posts over the last hour are riddled with exclamation marks, especially on the last page.  I get that you’re trying to be funny by coming off as overblown or whatever but you just look like someone who’s severely unstable and unable to hold a conversation without shouting.  I think anyone who’s completely indifferent to the argument at hand can see that. 🤷‍♂️ And as it’s been pointed out – in a MMB thread no less.

(Also me pointing all this out, especially your overuse of punctuation, isn’t really gaslighting.  Are you familiar with what that word even means or did you just pull it from other arguments you’ve seen online?)

9 minutes ago, MrScorpio said:

Ian Rees brought it up by calling our boy Dicky a propaganda slur. lol

This reads like a knobbly knee'd future virgin at recess telling on someone to a teacher who you think you're friends with. You think your sarcasm is making an argument or something but you look unhinged and in need of some sort of medication.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

What kind of nark actually uses the report feature?

Leftists when they encounter an opposing viewpoint. 😆

You're insuniations that someone is unstable is gaslighting. Get off your high horse. It's an internet vinyl forum, not the library of congress.

Ian called our boy a slur and spread rumors and people responded with their own opinions. Call your mom or the mayor and let them know what travesty occured this day.

Just now, MrScorpio said:

You're insuniations that someone is unstable is gaslighting. Get off your high horse. It's an internet vinyl forum, not the library of congress.

Ian called our boy a slur and spread rumors and people responded with their own opinions. Call your mom or the mayor and let them know what travesty occured this day.

Your*

Makes sense you don't grasp the difference 

1 minute ago, MrScorpio said:

"Anti-Vaxxer" is a slur now? Is, person against vaccinations the proper nomenclature?

• jhulud locked this topic