Hawthorne Heights - If Only You Were Lonely XV

Join us on an emotional trip back to 2006, while we modernize these fan favorites.  Throughout the recording process, we did a deep dive into these songs to try and breathe new life while being careful to keep their original integrity.   Grab your favorite pair of headphones and be prepared for the flood of memories to take you back.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:05
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:14

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:13

https://hawthorneheightsstore.com/

100 - Purple Inside Silver w/ hand numbered silk screen cover SOLD OUT

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:13
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:06

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

150 - Gold SOLD OUT

150 - Half Hot Pink / Half Orchid w/ hand numbered silk screen cover SOLD OUT

200 - Orchid/Sky Blue Galaxy Blend

250 - Silver SOLD OUT

250 - Black w/ Silver Splatter SOLD OUT

250 - White w/ Purple Swirl SOLD OUT

300 - Black Inside Transparent Blue SOLD OUT

300 - Grape Inside Coke Bottle

15 - Test Press SOLD OUT

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

32 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

lololol. Yeah, I won't be buying this. That's some advanced adult emo pandering right there.

To be fair, this is exactly what I come to expect when I spy any thread Wasda creates, regardless of whether or not I've heard of the artist in question.

5 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

And yet here you are... again. Over and over. Thanks for bumping my threads!

If you took the time to read the replies in this thread, you'd see that one person regrettably admitted to buying this on account of nostalgia.  Every other participant is taking the piss, and pointing & laughing at the idea of unironically buying a HH record in 2021.

If anything, we should be thanking you for the quality reading material.  VC would be a lot dryer without your meme threads.  Keep it up, champ.

Edited by Derek™

Oh boy another band from almost 20 years ago that decided to 're-imagine' their songs. Is there really that much of an audience where these bands need to keep doing this? Or is it purely a 'we made a shitty deal with a shitty label when we were young and cant afford the licensing to the originals' type thing?

Copped instantly. I wish I could hear a song now so I knew what to expect, but I’ll continue supporting these guys. 

I’m betting they don’t have rights to the original version of this- and fans are paying money secondhand for it, so why not re-record it and at least give them *something*?

I feel like people here are so negative over nothing sometimes lol. What can ya do

6 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Oh boy another band from almost 20 years ago that decided to 're-imagine' their songs. Is there really that much of an audience where these bands need to keep doing this? Or is it purely a 'we made a shitty deal with a shitty label when we were young and cant afford the licensing to the originals' type thing?

I think you nailed it with the latter, but at the same time I've become completely numb to the levels that people will go to scratch the nostalgia itch.  So perhaps a little bit of both... 30/70, maybe?

1 minute ago, Kyle_ftl said:

I feel like people here are so negative over nothing sometimes lol. What can ya do

Me.  I am the "people" you speak of.  It's okay, you can say it.

9 minutes ago, Kyle_ftl said:

I’m betting they don’t have rights to the original version of this- and fans are paying money secondhand for it, so why not re-record it and at least give them *something*?

Yikes, people really shouldn't  be paying secondhand when this is in stock, new on clear green vinyl, at Victory right meow:

https://victoryrecords.com/products/hawthorne-heights-if-only-you-were-lonely-green-vinyl/

8 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Yikes, people really shouldn't  be paying secondhand when this is in stock, new on clear green vinyl, at Victory right meow:

https://victoryrecords.com/products/hawthorne-heights-if-only-you-were-lonely-green-vinyl/

It's probably just a lack of research before arguing something rather than people paying stupid prices.

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

Definitely the latter. Although I do think Senses Fail and Silverstein did a fucking great job with their releases. I really enjoy them. 

Oh, and Taylor Swift too. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I think you nailed it with the latter, but at the same time I've become completely numb to the levels that people will go to scratch the nostalgia itch.  So perhaps a little bit of both... 30/70, maybe?

Me.  I am the "people" you speak of.  It's okay, you can say it.

To be fair, it isn’t just this thread I’ve seen it in recently!!! I didn’t mean to call just you out on it. I apologize lol. I remember going to absolutepunk in high school and being super discouraged when I wanted to talk about music only to see people trashing the artists I had started listening to and even making fun at the OP making the threads and stuff. It just bums me out because this brings me back to how I felt back then, lol. I get it though, there’s plenty of art being made that is probably overall better than this album, I think nostalgia plays a huge role in this band continuing to exist.

The band has an audience that enjoys their music. This is an old album that was pretty popular, and they're releasing new recordings of the song during a period where a band's revenue streams have been limited. I don't see anything wrong here.

Sure, they're repackaging old music, but it's their music and they're not forcing anyone to buy it. Hell, I decided this was a little too much for me and ultimately ended up cancelling - and they didn't give me any trouble. For what it's worth, they've sold out a few of these bundles already, so there's a market for it.

Damn, that’s a long pre-order if they’re not finished recording it yet 🤔

*Digital download will be sent between 4/16 - 4/23.   We are 75% through the recording process.  If you would like to see our weekly progress while finishing the record, tune into our Twitch to view as we track live.

**Although we will be sending the digital download on the specified date, your vinyl LP will be shipped once we get them back from the plant.  As you know, vinyl manufacturing is a slow process, but are excited about these limited edition variants and can't wait to get them to you.

• 3 weeks later...