Soon? The Mars Volta

According to the Cloud Hill IG,  individual releases are possible depending on how the box set sells. So I sure am hoping this will happen since as they sold out(almost) in about a day. 

I have to believe this because I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the box. 

3 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

According to the Cloud Hill IG,  individual releases are possible depending on how the box set sells. So I sure am hoping this will happen since as they sold out(almost) in about a day. 

I have to believe this because I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the box. 

They sold 5000 copies of a $500+ box in less than 24/hrs in a global pandemic. I do sorely hope that constitutes proof enough that there is just cause to release them separately.

6 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

They sold 5000 copies of a $500+ box in less than 24/hrs in a global pandemic. I do sorely hope that constitutes proof enough that there is just cause to release them separately.

Right!?! And not even timed around a stimulus check release. It has to happen

4 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

I'm the dude who asked on insta lol 

just check their posts, I'm sure there's several other folks who reached out to 

nothing is confirmed as far as I know but I'm p confident with this selling out we'll see the LPs per their answers 

Ok. I just haven't seen any of their answers. I also inquired on Twitter and got no response. I'll check the insta.

34 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Not entirely surprising, there will be a lot of folk still in work /  working from home but without the usual luxury things to spend their cash on e.g. no gigs, festivals, restaurants, holidays.

Thats how I’ve justified it anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

...The same box that sold out in the US and is on the cusp of selling out everywhere else?  I'd wager to say the "performance" is bretty gud.  They plan on pressing more or something?

They've indicated that this will be available on Amazon and in some retail locations physically but they haven't indicated what quantity have been ear marked for those venues of sale. That is to say, the quantities on their webstores are sold out or near sold out but we don't know what total of the 5000 actually was made available there so the "performance" may not be as extreme as it looks to us depending on how many are still in reserve for other retail outlets.

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

So has anyone confirmed if the song,  frances the mute, is being put on the lp version

It's been awhile but my Mars Volta internet conspiracy engine is still intact. The mock ups on https://us.cloudshillshop.com/collections/the-mars-volta/products/the-mars-volta-la-realidad-de-los-suenos-vinyl-box-set clearly show both a Cedric and an Omar etching on Plague and Eunuch, indicating heavily that those two songs will have their own discs. Using trigonometry I have determined that, based on the pressings I have, 5 albums save FTM are 2LPs coming in at 10, Plague and Eunuch given the face etchings (gratuitous) makes 14, Frances being 3 makes 17. Summer Sessions are most likely 1LP, so the question is if the original etching on the F side of the black original pressing of Frances is replaced with the ST track from the 4th disc of the glow in the dark special edition.

TL;DR, nobody knows

7 hours ago, OU818 said:

It's been awhile but my Mars Volta internet conspiracy engine is still intact. The mock ups on https://us.cloudshillshop.com/collections/the-mars-volta/products/the-mars-volta-la-realidad-de-los-suenos-vinyl-box-set clearly show both a Cedric and an Omar etching on Plague and Eunuch, indicating heavily that those two songs will have their own discs. Using trigonometry I have determined that, based on the pressings I have, 5 albums save FTM are 2LPs coming in at 10, Plague and Eunuch given the face etchings (gratuitous) makes 14, Frances being 3 makes 17. Summer Sessions are most likely 1LP, so the question is if the original etching on the F side of the black original pressing of Frances is replaced with the ST track from the 4th disc of the glow in the dark special edition.

TL;DR, nobody knows

I make it 5 albums (not including ftm) are 2 LP = 10

The ep = 1

The 2 records with etchings = 2

The sessions = 1

That’s only 14 so FTM might be 4 LP. Or it’s 3 LP and there’s something else in there.

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

I make it 5 albums (not including ftm) are 2 LP = 10

The ep = 1

The 2 records with etchings = 2

The sessions = 1

That’s only 14 so FTM might be 4 LP. Or it’s 3 LP and there’s something else in there.

My local store just posted it for sale with the following tracklist which while song list is incomplete the side by side breakdown  shows no FTM 12" but the Mr Muggs 7"

https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&path=5703&product_id=76802

disc 1 - side a 1. cut that city / 2. concertina

disc 1 - side b 1. eunuch provocateur

disc 2 - side a 1. roulette dares (the haunt of) [unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium] / 2. son et lumière (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium) / 3. inertiatic esp  (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium) / 4. drunkship of lanterns (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium) / 5. eriatarka (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium) / 6. take the veil cerpin taxt (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium)

disc 2 - side b 1. this apparatus must be unearthed (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium) / 2. televators (unfinished original recordings of de-loused in the comatorium)

disc 3 - side a 1. son et lumière / 2. inertiatic esp / 3. roulette dares (the haunt of)

disc 3 - side b 1. tira me a las arañas / 2. drunkship of lanterns / 3. eriatarka

disc 4 - side a 1. cicatriz esp / 2. this apparatus must be unearthed

disc 4 - side b 1. televators / 2. take the veil cerpin taxt

disc 5 - side a 1. cygnus....vismund cygnus / 2. the widow

disc 5 - side b 1. l' via l' viaquez

disc 6 - side a 1. miranda that ghost just isn't holy anymore

disc 6 - side b 1. cassandra gemini

disc 7 - side a 1. tarantism

disc 8 - side a 1. vicarious atonement / 2. tetragrammaton

disc 8 - side b 1. vermicide / 2. meccamputechture

disc 9 - side a 1. asilos magdalena / 2. viscera eyes

disc 9 - side b 1. day of the baphomets / 2. el ciervo vulnerado

disc 10 - side a1. aberinkula / 2. metatron / 3. ilyena

disc 10 - side b 1. wax simulacra / 2. goliath / 3. tourniquet man / 4. cavalettas

disc 11 - side a 1. agadez / 2. askepios / 3. ouroborous

disc 11 - side b 1. soothsayer / 2. conjugal burns

disc 12 - side a 1. since we've been wrong / 2. teflon

disc 12 - side b 1. halo of nembutals / 2. with twilight as my guide

disc 13 - side a 1. cotopaxi / 2. desperate graves

disc 13 - side b 1. copernicus / 2. luciforms

disc 14 - side a 1. the whip hand / 2. aegis / 3. dyslexicon

disc 14 - side b 1. empty vessels make the loudest sound / 2. the malkin jewel / 3. lapochka

disc 15 - side a 1. in absentia / 2. imago / 3. molochwalker / 4. trinkets pale of moon / 5. zed and two naughts

disc 15 - side b 1. vedamalady / 2. noctourniquet

disc 16 - side a 1. eunuch provocateur

disc 17 - side a 1. a plague upon your hissing children

disc 18 - side a 1. mr. muggs

disc 18 - side b 1. mr. muggs

Edited by craigeduk

13 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

So what you're saying is we will not be receiving this in April of 2021.

Yep, if they can't confirm it at this point its either (A) No it won't be included but we don't want to come and flat out admit so as it will piss lots of people off, or (B) We haven't agreed all the final details including tracklisting so we will be nowhere near ready to ship until July/August!

Edited by craigeduk