Soon? The Mars Volta

How, in the name of all that is fucking holy, do they manage to shit out a completely wasted LP that has the same garbage heap of nothingness and flaming rubbish that is "Mr. Muggs" on BOTH of its sides but they overlooked one of the most crucial and band/management feud starting songs that was wildly hyped by the band themselves prior to the release of the album Frances The Mute AND ITS THE TITULAR TRACK OF THAT WHOLE MONSTROSITY OF AN ALBUM?

Bro... I really wonder what we are in for in terms of explanation here. Maybe they should have consulted fans about their own catalog before doing this. Like, why in the hell is "Mr. Muggs" even in this set? It only served the purpose of being SOME kind of sound that could be needlessly pressed into the gimmicky planchette that no one used to actually play with the ouija in the gatefold of Bedlam. I'm sure Omar would insist that its far more significant than that but we all know that's a lie.

This could have made things really easy. And then you'd have Cassandra on two sides of one disc.

A1 Frances The Mute

B1 Gygnus....Vismund Cygnus

B2 The Widow

C1 L'Via L'Viaquez

D1 Miranda, That Ghost Just Ain't Holy Anymore

E1 Cassandra Gemini Pt. 1 (First half)

F1 Cassandra Gemini Pt. 2 (Second half)

54 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

This could have made things really easy. And then you'd have Cassandra on two sides of one disc.

A1 Frances The Mute

B1 Gygnus....Vismund Cygnus

B2 The Widow

C1 L'Via L'Viaquez

D1 Miranda, That Ghost Just Ain't Holy Anymore

E1 Cassandra Gemini Pt. 1 (First half)

F1 Cassandra Gemini Pt. 2 (Second half)

Mcpherson, you are a problem solver, and I appreciate you. I just wish they did this. We all know it's not included and won't be. 😟

2 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Mcpherson, you are a problem solver, and I appreciate you. I just wish they did this. We all know it's not included and won't be. 😟

Yeah, its a fucking shame. I just don't know how you fuck up the re-release of your own catalog this badly.  I mean, all those etched sides and 2 sides of dogshit. I just can't.

Some excerpts from an interview:

https://www.spin.com/2021/03/mars-volta-vinyl-realidad-suenos/?fbclid=IwAR3MuaWI-motNXqF26zTQW2N0E2FGNzbHJzUnBOTlJotllCEx6wvzT7tgqg

I can't figure out if the band have full rights to re-release the albums or they just cut a deal for a certain amount (ie. only the 5000 boxsets). Nonetheless it must be tough to have such resent for their label since the initial release of their debut nearly 20 years ago and up untill now. Sounds like they have quite a problem with it and have a hard time getting on with their life/music instead. 

Edited by larshj

6 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Yep, if they can't confirm it at this point its either (A) No it won't be included but we don't want to come and flat out admit so as it will piss lots of people off, or (B) We haven't agreed all the final details including tracklisting so we will be nowhere near ready to ship until July/August!

Or, it’s a surprise? Maybe? No? I believe in fairies?

6 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I actually placed an order through Amazon UK. £45 price difference after shipping compared to Rough Trade. 

La Realidad De Los Suenos [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Y4GYKM8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_6TJXCCWVX16EVTB3Z09B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like Amazon raised the price from £376 to £413. 

12 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, its a fucking shame. I just don't know how you fuck up the re-release of your own catalog this badly.  I mean, all those etched sides and 2 sides of dogshit. I just can't.

I for one don’t care for etchings in any way shape or form. It’s definitely not a selling point in my mind, I would rather have a blank side than have a price increase for an etching I will never look at for more than a second to see what side the music is on. 

50 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

So that Amazon tracklist can't be trusted now that I think about it. If it is, then Mr. Muggs doesn't count as one of the discs.

Tremulant - 1

De-Loused - 2

Francis - 3

Amputechture - 2

Bedlam - 2

Octahedron - 2

Noctourniquet - 2

De-Loused Demos - 2

Eunuch - 1

Plague - 1

= 18

The track list is correct on Amazon. Same as the one I posted on the previous page. De-loused demos is 1 disc (discs 3 & 4 on Amazon as they always insist on listing each side as an individual disc). 

Edited by craigeduk

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

The track list is correct on Amazon. Same as the one I posted on the previous page. De-loused demos is 1 disc (discs 3 & 4 on Amazon as they always insist on listing each side as an individual disc). 

So Cassandra Gemini is on one side now instead of two?

It seems like they had to license these so I guess it makes sense if FtM ends up being released the same way. Lame as it is. 

35 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

So Cassandra Gemini is on one side now instead of two?

No think its still sides D & E of that LP but for some reason the song tiles released by the distributor to stores for listings has called side E Tarantism. Basically its just exactly the same as the 2lp + single sided lp version https://www.discogs.com/The-Mars-Volta-Frances-The-Mute/release/447805

Should really have advertised the set as 14xLP, 3 x single sided LP, 1 double sided 7"

5 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

I think you guys are referring to this track - and according to the CH twitter account, it doesn't sound like it will be there based on this thread 

That is a terrible excuse for this oversight, but I guess there’s the answer. No, it is NOT included in this  set that supposedly “contains the band's whole studio discography.”

i wasn’t going to ask a question that can’t be answered, but I can’t help myself. How is the song FTM, not apart of the story of the album FTM? I thought the story at the time of album release was that the song was removed from the album solely for time constraints so it would fit on one CD. It literally fades out with exactly the same music that the first song on the album fades in with, but is “not part of the story.” Okay.

Edited by kannibal