Soon? The Mars Volta

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, euphoria said:

My order from jpc.de was cancelled... 😧

Is it still available anywhere?

That happened to me too - very disappointing considering I ordered weeks earlier while it was still available elsewhere..

The only place I could find it available now is: https://goldendiscs.ie/products/la-realidad-de-los-suenos-the-mars-volta-vinyl?_pos=1&_sid=f2106a034&_ss=r

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

man box sets like these are why vinyl takes so long to release and always get delayed.  they just press anything and everything on vinyl now.

Absolutely. Why press 5000 box sets that sold out almost instantly of a band with fans that have been waiting years for anything from this catalog to get repressed, when those vinyl presses could be shitting out 10 new variants of albums by The Used from nearly 20 years ago. I don’t know, doesn’t make any sense to me. 

Just now, kas1985 said:

Absolutely. Why press 5000 box sets that sold out almost instantly of a band with fans that have been waiting years for anything from this catalog to get repressed, when those vinyl presses could be shitting out 10 new variants of albums by The Used from nearly 20 years ago. I don’t know, doesn’t make any sense to me. 

Almost hit Submit Reply, just now, on a post that shat on The Used reissues and started with the word “Absolutely”.

3 hours ago, angryalan said:

Spotted on Reddit...

Tower Records pre-order. Use code BINDIVER15 and the total is about $335 shipped (to US).

https://towerrecords.com/products/the-mars-volta-la-realidad-de-los-suenos

Orders will likely be canceled, but might be worth it.

do they charge when they ship? or when you place the order? 

2 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

u right, thx

Real talk: I would not get my hopes up on any of the links posted on this page.  Especially the ones in the $300 range.  Would love to be wrong but that's the bet I'd place.

[edit]

I think it's Deep Discount that's actually hooked me up at a very reasonable price in the past.  Popmarket has been super hit-or-miss, and required a Paypal dispute to finally get my funds back after they kept nudging back the "expected restock" date, indefinitely.

Haven't ordered from Tower though that seems like a dice roll.

Edited by Derek™

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Real talk: I would not get my hopes up on any of the links posted on this page.  Especially the ones in the $300 range.  Would love to be wrong but that's the bet I'd place.

[edit]

I think it's Deep Discount that's actually hooked me up at a very reasonable price in the past.  Popmarket has been super hit-or-miss, and required a Paypal dispute to finally get my funds back after they kept nudging back the "expected restock" date, indefinitely.

Haven't ordered from Tower though that seems like a dice roll.

DeepDiscount has definitely come thru for me in the past, I've never ordered from Tower 

I don't really feel like a dispute so might just pass it up, my local said distro for this has been a nightmare

On 3/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, angryalan said:

Spotted on Reddit...

Tower Records pre-order. Use code BINDIVER15 and the total is about $335 shipped (to US).

https://towerrecords.com/products/the-mars-volta-la-realidad-de-los-suenos

Orders will likely be canceled, but might be worth it.

I was about to place another order in Tower Records last night but didn't pull the trigger. When I tried today, this code didn't work. Any other valid codes for Tower? 

48 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Looks like its listed as "Out of Stock" as opposed to "Pre-order" on Towerrecords.com so maybe that is a good sign that they can be assured a certain allotment to sell as pre-orders and anyone who ordered there is guaranteed? I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Shit, so I might have actually gotten one?  After tax it came out to about $370.  

1 minute ago, Dhesketh said:

Shit, so I might have actually gotten one?  After tax it came out to about $370.  

Well, I'm in no position to confirm anything at all. I'm just trying to use what may be sound logic to deduce that there is a chance that they wouldn't know they were sold out unless the "know" how many they can count on from the distributor but again, there probably hundreds of reasons that logic could be totally nullified.

I have NO inside info. Just hoping its a good indication that the orders placed prior to it going out of stock will actually be fulfilled.

9 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Well, I'm in no position to confirm anything at all. I'm just trying to use what may be sound logic to deduce that there is a chance that they wouldn't know they were sold out unless the "know" how many they can count on from the distributor but again, there probably hundreds of reasons that logic could be totally nullified.

I have NO inside info. Just hoping its a good indication that the orders placed prior to it going out of stock will actually be fulfilled.

Agreed. It’s a good sign but by no means a guarantee.  I won’t be heartbroken if it gets cancelled.